Waterwetter???

Sactown2008

Hey folks. I saw at a CA track school "optional recomendations" Web page to replace coolent with something like Waterwetter when you use your own bike.

Will this make my 08 FZ1 run cooler on hot Central CA Valley Summers (when these fans will keep coming on at 215 degrees at stop lights)? Should I replace my Yamaha factory 50/50 Premix with something like this? Has anyone used it to lower High temps by "20 degrees?"

Sorry if this answer is already here (somewere).

Hey folks. I saw at a CA track school "optional recomendations" Web page to replace coolent with something like Waterwetter when you use your own bike.

Will this make my 08 FZ1 run cooler on hot Central CA Valley Summers (when these fans will keep coming on at 215 degrees at stop lights)? Should I replace my Yamaha factory 50/50 Premix with something like this? Has anyone used it to lower High temps by "20 degrees?"

Sorry if this answer is already here (somewere).

I think the main reason they recommended that is because antifreeze is a no-no at some track sessions. It's actually quite slippery when it spills.

For the type of riding that you'll be doing the 50/50 pre-mix antifreeze is all you need. You might just want to replace it if it's the original one...

And if the bike is sitting at a traffic light for an extended period of time the fan is going to come on at 215° no matter what coolant you're using.

I think the main reason they recommended that is because antifreeze is a no-no at some track sessions. It's actually quite slippery when it spills.

For the type of riding that you'll be doing the 50/50 pre-mix antifreeze is all you need. You might just want to replace it if it's the original one...

And if the bike is sitting at a traffic light for an extended period of time the fan is going to come on at 215° no matter what coolant you're using.

What he said.

My Gen 1 FJR is a much warmer bike than the Fizzie. The cooling fan does what it needs to do.

I use WaterWetter in my track bike, beacause most of the track day orgs require it for any riding group other than novice/beginer. I use premix antifreeze in my street bikes and have to put antifreeze back in the track bike for the winter months. Its a pain honestly and I dont notice any real difference in operating temps.

I think Waterwetter is an additive? One of the local clubs here requires non-glycol-based coolant for their track days. Pure water with a surfactant (WW) is actually better for cooling, but it doesn't have the additives to prevent freezing or help protect the aluminum in the radiators. I think?

I'm not a chemist, and I don't play one on TV.

Cheers,

MrHix

Awesome!

Thank you everyone. Glad there are seasoned pros here to tell this Rice Rocket newbie what not to waste my $$ on.

(maybe after a few thousand miles I'll take your advice and "Ride above 3000rpm") :rmwl:

Back