Wat?!?!?!?!??!

I just got my Yoshimura Slip-On and the second direction is this:

Remove the Shield and Cables from the exhaust controller. Remove the exhaust valve cables from the motorcycle. reinstall the shield and exhaust valve controller back into the stock location.

NOTE: Do not unplug the electronic servo motor that controls the exhaust valve cables. Unplugging the servo motor may cause the motorcycle to run in a power restricted safe mode.

Can anyone walk me through what to do? I have the service manual but I don't see anything on exhaust valve cable removal. Thanks in advance!!!

They make it sound so complicated. First remove the stock EXUP cable cover. Then remove the two cables from the EXUP valve. All of this is done on the stock mid-pipe right before the actual muffler. At this point you can remove the stock muffler. Next remove both seats. You will see where the cables attach to the servo motor under the front seat. Remove the servo motor (10mm socket), then use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the cover of the servo motor. Now you can remove the two EXUP valve cables from the motor itself. Put cover back on servo motor and bolt back on making sure electrical harness is connected. There is really no need to disconnect the harness, but if you do it will give you a little more room to remove the cables. Document link in above post has some good pictures.

Last edited:
:D I had to do this when I put on the Two Bros... not a big deal. When you remove the stock exhaust, it will also take out the EXUP valve as it is part of the stock can. There are two cables that are run up to a servo mounted on the frame, right behind the gas tank and under the rider seat.

Remove the rear seat and unlatch the rider seat.
Look for the servo right behind the tank. There is a heat shield covering it so you will have to lift this shield out of the way.
It is easier if you remove the bolt(s) holding the servo in place, then carefully work the unit up a bit so you can tip it and get to the two screws on the cover.
Remove the cover and unhook the two cables. Be sure to mark everything or take digital pics as a reference if you ever intend to put the stock can back on!!!
After removing the cables at the servo, put the cover back on with the two screws, place the servo back on the PIN and the bolt back in place. Make sure the electrical connection stays in place.
Fish out the cables from the top of the bike to remove them.
Install new exhaust with ALL clamps, bolts, etc loosely! Only start tightening once it is placed where you want it. Start tightening front to back.

Start the bike, don't be alarmed about the ten or so minutes of smoke as the oils burn off, go out and ride!

Another option? Undo the cables at the muffler end and tuck them away with zip ties behind the frame and don't worry about undoing them at the servo. ;)

woot thanks! got that done so i just reinstall the shield and exhaust valve controller back but leave the cables disconnected or do i remove them completely? Thanks again.

Last edited:
woot thanks! got that done so i just reinstall the shield and exhaust valve controller back but leave the cables disconnected or do i remove them completely? Thanks again.

Your choice... if you leave them at the servo end, make sure they are zip tied so they don't hit the exhaust or the wheel.

I removed them thank you everyone just a few more things and i'm done. Any other pointers I should know that are not listed in the instructions?

Pain killers.... it will help when you can't get that wide ear-to-ear grin off your face after riding it. ;)

Before you start the bike for the first time, clean all prints off the new can. They can etch on there permanently after that first burn. :D

FINISHED!

Yes, I installed this in my gf and I's living room she was totally supportive! Tomorrow I will start her up and make sure everything is functioning as it should.

powerranger-1.jpg

Looks good. Like FZ1nNH said above, make sure you wipe off all fingerprints thoroughly from the can and mid-pipe.

Now go out and ride it and have a great time.

Good point Eagle. Many guys forget about cleaning up their fingerprints before firing it up for the first time. You then wind up with stains you can't clean off from the oils in your skin. Also, if you use a good metal polish first such as Noxon or Mother's, and polish everything before firing, it will help keep it from blueing also.

center stand with new exhaust slip on

Trying to put on my new Leo Vince slip on. Apparently there is some extra attachment I need to figure out how to install because of my center stand. Does anyone run a centerstand and a custom pipe? Or do you have to remove the center stand if I put on a new slip-on?

thanks,

al

I use the center stand with the Two Bros. I only had to remove the rubber bump-stop from the center stand and relocate it to the provided bracket welded to the pipe Two Bros provided. :D

I use the center stand with the Two Bros. I only had to remove the rubber bump-stop from the center stand and relocate it to the provided bracket welded to the pipe Two Bros provided. :D

I had to do the same thing with the Yosh. That was actually the first step lol.

As for the Leo Vince I have no idea, I think it kind of sucks that you would have to remove the center stand. I use mine a lot for maintance and if someone takes my bike off the center stand or even rocks my bike slightly the alarm goes off.

I had to do the same thing with the Yosh. That was actually the first step lol.

As for the Leo Vince I have no idea, I think it kind of sucks that you would have to remove the center stand. I use mine a lot for maintance and if someone takes my bike off the center stand or even rocks my bike slightly the alarm goes off.

I use it for the same reasons... and now I'm having to buy a paddock stand because her FZ6R doesn't have a center stand. If I do buy one, I'll likely just remove mine at that point and use the paddock stand for both bikes. :D With hers, it's now a royal pain to do chain maintenance!

I use it for the same reasons... and now I'm having to buy a paddock stand because her FZ6R doesn't have a center stand. If I do buy one, I'll likely just remove mine at that point and use the paddock stand for both bikes. :D With hers, it's now a royal pain to do chain maintenance!

Yea, get a good quality stand and you can use it for both bikes. I lucked out and found Pit Bull stands (front and rear) on craigslist in the Spring for $150 :D. I went with the T-Rex sliders for my swing arm. Think I paid about $18 for them shipped from eBay, but it should be the same price on their website.

I'd kind of looked at that stand Adam. So, I tried to make my own out of wood with a rubber pad at the top and a rubber stopper on the foot. The bike still had a hard time cooperating with this experimental one which was a single solid piece. The bike kept sliding over on the side stand side...

Back