Warm between the legs

So I rode my 2008 FZ1 today for the first time at night.

It was a little cooler than normal and I was rocking the full textile touring suit.

I noticed for the first time that it was a little warm between the legs especially the seat.

Is this normal for this bike?

Ask your wife to cool it down :D,... I think it's normal. You are sitting on the top of the engine while riding and it is cold weather.
Stay safe.

It's normal, my own bike would roast my arse on particularly hot days here in Sydney.
After getting Ivan's ECU flash, it's much more bearable due to the cooler running temps.

FZ1s run warm. My Ninja was cold-blooded. It all depends on design. Open the exhaust and change fueling to legitimately run cooler besides add HP. I run OEM bone stock and just deal with the heat. Synthetic oil is a must.

Of all the bikes I've owned this is the only one that runs a little warm. I guess the heat shield on the EXUP servo kinda gave it away that the area is gonna be warm. At least it's to my advantage in the colder months up here in Canada. Haha.

Thanks for all the input.

yes, but it is way better than most liter bikes. An R1 is a pure ASS barbeque

Yeah, my r1(s) really heat the seat with the undertail. Hell, even my knees get uncomfortable against the frame.
I really don't notice the heat from the fazer, but obviously I've dealt with worse.

Back