Wanted:Gen II Underseat Photos

skooter65

I was hoping someone had a few photos of the rider and pillion underseat areas of the Gen II. I am in the process of retrofitting a Gen II FZ1 tail to my FZ6 and it would be nice to see what the connections, stand-offs, etc... look like.

Thank You!!

I have these two with me at work. Hope they help.

attachment.php

attachment.php

You are correct with the connection points. The two most forward holes (not circled) are pinned to the sub-frame with the OEM plastic rivets.

Here's an edited shot of the tail. The pillion is held on with the two "J" hooks on the seat catching the two metal rungs by the rider's seat, then the rear tab locking in place by the arrow indicated at the back.

It should be noted that the rider's seat requires two mount points that are also on the sub-frame assembly.

How much of the FZ1 tail have you acquired? Interesting under taking!

You are correct with the connection points. The two most forward holes (not circled) are pinned to the sub-frame with the OEM plastic rivets.

Here's an edited shot of the tail. The pillion is held on with the two "J" hooks on the seat catching the two metal rungs by the rider's seat, then the rear tab locking in place by the arrow indicated at the back.

It should be noted that the rider's seat requires two mount points that are also on the sub-frame assembly.

How much of the FZ1 tail have you acquired? Interesting under taking!

Thank you so much for the feedback. I currently have the complete tail section (essentially everything in your first picture), the seat bracket (item with the latch and u-shaped pillion mounts) on its way, and a riders seat (still need the pillion).

I want to get all the information I can before I start chopping and cutting things. So far it looks like everything is going to fit fairly well with minimal modification. The rider seat has a ridge on the bottom that will likely have to be removed for the FZ6 (looks like it probably rests between the sub-frame "beams" on the FZ1).

To clarify your last comment; the rider seat attaches by the items circled in the photo...correct?

Oh, and for those wondering why I am trying to retrofit this tail; I have another "retrofit" with a Jardine RT1 Dual Output exhaust which is begging for a different tail section than what is already on the 6.

Thank you again!

Too bad you didn't have the whole sub-frame, then you could take yours off and mod this one on. The hard parts would be exhaust and upper shock mounts though.

Any idea on the difference in width between the beams for both bikes?

Regarding the rider seat, yes, you've circled the correct mounts.

If I have to remove the tail again, O'll try and get some shots with a ruler or two in the pic and with better lighting.

Let's see this in a photo album soon!

Back