Wanted: FZ1 Shock

PMD6

Hi

looking for a FZ1 rear shock - let me know what you have and how much you want for it

Cheers

Chris

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

You and every other FZ8 forum member. :)

It's sad really, because the FZ1 shock is horrible. If you want a truely better shock, please consider an R1 shock with Satan666's adapter. There are many FZ1 owners who have done this. Used r1 shocks are cheap and plentiful. The adapter cost is very reasonable.

This will give you, the ability to adjust the compression which is what the FZ1 shock lack, but REALLY needs.

Guys, please quit knocking people requesting.... The positive feedback regarding alternatives is great, but....

As for the price, I sold mine over there for $120 shipped.

Regardless of what we think of the OEM FZ1 shock, it is *still* an improvement over the OEM FZ8 shock which has no adjustments until the 2013 model year.

Have one here i'm selling 15k miles on it. 50 quid and its yours only catch is you'll have to pay for postage and i'm in Ireland. Should be about 15 quid. Let me know as I'm off on my holidays on Saturday and would have to post it before that.:cheers:

Guys, please quit knocking people requesting.... The positive feedback regarding alternatives is great, but....

Regardless of what we think of the OEM FZ1 shock, it is *still* an improvement over the OEM FZ8 shock which has no adjustments until the 2013 model year.

I don't knock anyone for wanting a better shock. I took pity and I sold the one I had to an FZ8 guy cheap. But the truth is the truth. For $50-100 they can have the better and fully adjustable and rebuildable R1 shock leaving only the adapter to buy. Not a bad deal at all if stock FZ1 shocks get $130.

The stock FZ1 shock may be better than the FZ8 shock, but it still will not have enough compression damping.

Does he still make the adapters? I haven't seen anything from him since April... Yes, it is an improvement over our OEM. But if you look at the R1 guys, they say the same thing about that shock when they pass it on to the FZ1/8 guys... lol!

I have a post looking for a shock too (Gen2 please) Have not had any offers to provide one to me. From how it sounds all the FZ1 guys here are ditching their stock units for R1. This leads me to surmise that you're just throwing your stock shocks away?.... Because no one is coming and saying "yeah, I got one for you, I hate it, but have at it if you want" Fact of the matter is its an upgrade from FZ8, I agree not the best, but because its a direct swap, it's easier. So...... Can we have one of those so oh so loathe some socks please????

- Avro

2011 Yamaha FZ8
2009 Kawasaki ER-6n (SOLD)

Many are upgrading to either the R1 or another aftermarket (I did with the Penske hence the sale) but many are keeping the stock shock to return the bike to stock in the event they sell it... you can make more by selling the mods separately. I sold mine because I have no intentions of selling this bike. It's that good! ;)

There's definitely nothing wrong with wanting to upgrade suspension for cheap. However, for all the reasons loosenut listed, the FZ1 shock is really not a very good option for the money. It's not as if the R1/adapter option is a lot more expensive and that's where the trouble lies, I think. You get a lot more for your money with the R1 route

I was probably out of line when I scoffed at the price. I was really very surprised, though. I've done a few shock swaps on my bikes and I never paid near that.

Sorry :poke:

Many are upgrading to either the R1 or another aftermarket (I did with the Penske hence the sale) but many are keeping the stock shock to return the bike to stock in the event they sell it... you can make more by selling the mods separately. I sold mine because I have no intentions of selling this bike. It's that good! ;)

I bought another stock shock to be able to return it to stock, but decided that will never happen because it's too good to screw it up.

You got a smokin price for it! They can be usually had for not more than $50.

Back