vision extreme bulbs *fitted*

magpiemale

Well as I said before I went and bought the philips vision extreme bulbs and I did not think that they were 20% brighter than the earlier version extreme power 80% brighter.I had up until this point just ridden in the day time then I had to help a friend out and ride back in the night and boy what a diffrence.I came up behind a car but before I did I flashed him out,he then hazard lighted me I overtook him and he high beamed me,I must of upset im but pointless high beaming me I mean if he thought I had my full beam on I could not of flashed him to over take the vehicle in front of him so pointless trying to tell me my lights were to bright.My M8 said he thought I had the nothern star in my bike.I will go and see if they are still aligned at the local bike shop as they have the laser beam to check.But I only removed the other ones and replaced them so I do not think my lights are out of line.But if you are installing them (vision plus) just dont be surprised if you get high beamed regular.
My only gripe is that I have seen brighter lights on cars and other bikes esp the BMW gs bikes which have HID lights added I could see them bikes 5 miles a way. If I draw to much attention I will swap them with my car lights which I installed with the extreme power ones I originaly had on the bike before the vision extreme.My lights are 100% legal and EEC approved but hell least people can see me now.Overall nice spread of power esp both left and right and ahead.When you look at headlights you have two beams of light one which lights up front way ahead of you and a dimmer light that goes just in front of the vechicle it is this light that on the vision plus goes much further both left and right,thus giving you a greater vision of the road at night.

My only gripe is that I have seen brighter lights on cars and other bikes esp the BMW gs bikes which have HID lights added I could see them bikes 5 miles a way.

This is often an illusion, a trick by our eyes in the way we interpret light on the colour spectrum. They may actually not be putting out more light than you despite the fact it seems to blind you; it's the quality of light and the way it is put out that determines how well you can see down the road.

That's the way I've taken it at least.

Glad to hear you like the Xtreme Visions! I might try them next time 'round instead of the Xtreme Power

the vision extreme are putting out some great light on unlit roads for what it's worth I rate them better than the extreme power but since philips are stop producing the extreme power I find this a mistake as these are good enough for the fz1 the vision extreme is like switch them on and hide while you giggle with laughter as some drivers get angry,but hey if the EEC and law passed em why not.My eyes are bad at night anyways (age related) so more light is a good thing but the visions are a bit to much and the power extreme need to be ran along side of these in sales terms.

FZ1 are designed in such a way where the headlight shines light slightly upwards for the low beam for greater visibility on the road..

cars are usually seeing a big glob of light in their rearview mirrors when i am behind them..

and when they don't budge and continue to hog on the overtaking lane, yes they do here in sunny singapore. i will call on the high-beam and proclaim, LET THERE BE LIGHT in the car's interior. :p:p

Oh, I was under the impression the North American Gen 2 switched to H7s with a single headlight running at once instead of dual H4s like the Gen 1. I am indeed wrong though after looking into it more.

Ignore me!

perhaps you got it mixed up.. FZ6 are running on a single headlight, with the other for high-beam. hence the config for 1x H7 and 1x H4. :)

FZ1 are on dual headlights mode, high and low.

Back