vinyl wrap

papaageorgio

has anyone here use vinyl wrap on any parts, I was thinking about doing that to the rad covers and part of the upper fairing to hide scratches. Red cf, black cf, red chrome, or theres a realistic flame over black I found but not cheap

Last edited:
I've seen cars up close with the wrap, and while they look cool from a distance, up close is a different story. You can spot seams and air bubbles and overlapping joints. There is a lot of contours on a bike. I guess if a professional shop did it you might get a nice job but so far the one's I have seen at shows don't impress me.

this is what I was looking at btw but I think I see what you mean since on the upper faring ill just be partaly sticking it. Might look on flebay for a sticker er something for the faring
3DCFII_red2.jpg

Last edited:
It can be done, just get it done by a professional. My girlfriend does vinyl wraps and decals for a living and I have seen them do some nice work. There is a new vinyl out that wraps around tight corners seamlessly. Also, less chance of forming bubbles once the vinyl sets after a few days.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

well I found a sheet on fle-bay fer $10 25",60" so no bigie if I have to rip it off and throw it away. After a e-mail they said to prevent bubbles forming I should heat it up a little with a hair dryer after its on then 2-3 coats of clear witch they recomend anyways to seal it in since its a texured vinyl. Does that sound about right or are they blowing smoke up my bum.

Sounds right, if it isn't hot out (we live in Florida so that is rare) they heat their vinyl up with an industrial heat gun as they are sticking it. Easier to work with and sticks faster. Don't be too anal about small bubbles, most, if not all will go away over time.

I don't think I would ever do my own, but more power to you. Good Luck!

Oracal has wrap material as well as 3m that has something called rapid air trchnology that has channels on the back side that releases air and you get no bubbles.... The heat gun will allow the material to stretch and conform to curves without needing to cut and splice....watch some youtube videos....

I ordered some matte black from 3m and wraped my rear hugger to see if I liked it... I dint like the matte black so I took it off.....the front fairng will be hard to do bc of the complexity of it ......good luck...

I have a naked bike and looking at wrapping it as well here soon and getting some of the carbon fiber for the accents

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Back