Vibration over 105

I am experiencing a vibration anytime i take my bike over 105. I really thought it was the rear tire out of balance but i took her back to the shop and its on point. I was wondering if this vibration is normal or anyone else has dealt with it? 2007 FZ1

I am experiencing a vibration anytime i take my bike over 105. I really thought it was the rear tire out of balance but i took her back to the shop and its on point. I was wondering if this vibration is normal or anyone else has dealt with it? 2007 FZ1

Nope not normal. Why are you riding 105 tho?

One of the scary things to me about this bike is how stable it is at high speed. There have been times I was up to 125 and had no clue I was over 90 until I look down.

Did you change the ergonomics at all? Lower the front? Change to a 55 in the rear?

all good things to look for. I am going to investigate this further as its quite annoying.

i have actually had this bike over 135 a couple times and even with the vibration she feels really solid. love the bike.

Where are you feeling the vibration most? Hands? Feet? Seat? Are you on the stock shock? What settings are you at on the shock? Chain in spec'd adjustment? You can pinpoint this better by concentrating on where you are feeling this the most. :D

Over 105, I don't notice much outside of the arse-puckering. :eek5: :tup:

Where are you feeling the vibration most? Hands? Feet? Seat? Are you on the stock shock? What settings are you at on the shock? Chain in spec'd adjustment? You can pinpoint this better by concentrating on where you are feeling this the most. :D

Over 105, I don't notice much outside of the arse-puckering. :eek5: :tup:

It definitely is coming from the rear.

wheel bearing

chain

swingarm bearings, all suspension linkage bearings and check that everything is tight

Rear tire worn/ high mileage/flat spot ?

Bent rim

warped rotor

Your balancing at the shop may not have been (not likely) balancing (dynamic vs static) up to and beyond 105. Many shops balance up to only legal speeds or a little beyond.
If it was not - anything is suspect. Most likely - tire ... or bent wheel.

Check with the shop... then check with a different shop. The first shop may not want to confess to a shortcoming.

My bike consistently gets a little wobble/vibration over 105. I've had new tires, different rims, adjusted chain, etc.

The only thing I haven't done is the steering bearing. It's an expensive job and I have to save up for it

I did have a crash and everything looks ok for fork/triple tree alignment but I'm only eyeballing it.

Good luck, post results.

I've had mine up to 162 (couldn't get any more) and it's always been very stable. The wind above 130 is pretty nasty and I really don't think I'd like jail, so I don't go there much. Good luck finding the problem.

My bike consistently gets a little wobble/vibration over 105. I've had new tires, different rims, adjusted chain, etc.

The only thing I haven't done is the steering bearing. It's an expensive job and I have to save up for it

I did have a crash and everything looks ok for fork/triple tree alignment but I'm only eyeballing it.

Good luck, post results.

Stearing head bearings are not very expensive and it's a good time to upgrade to tapered roller bearings.

Stearing head bearings are not very expensive and it's a good time to upgrade to tapered roller bearings.

I don't know if I trust myself to do the work and I think the shop said 4 hours at $85 an hour is what scared me off. I'll look into the tapered roller bearings, do you have a particular brand in mind?

Back