vibration coming from the footrest

anyone experience vibration coming from the footrest and handle bar?? quite disturbing and annoying after a short ride and you will feel your feet and hands are slightly numb. Maybe too use to honda bikes which are silky smooth(blackbird).

have you done a throttle body sync? a lot of times, vibration problems are just an indicator of other problems.

I agree. Gen II FZ1 is not super smooth, but vibrations have never been very annoying to me. Something doesn't sound right. As va_rider suggested I would start with a TB sync. Have heard plenty of stories of them being out of sync right from the factory.

No problems on my '09 with either the pegs or the bars.

Check the TB sync as Aaron states. check the torque of all possible bolts, engine mounts especially. Check the wheel balance.... What gear/RPM is this happening in? Try a different gear and RPM level if possible. Note what RPMs this is happening at.

Is it the same as balancing your carb?? any special equipment to do tb sync ??

Pretty much the same idea so whatever tools you use to sync the carbs (mercury stick, dial gauges, etc.) will work. Just the procedure is different and I don't have the manual handy to tell you what that is.

It happen in sixth gear at about 125 km/h. still running in my engine(done first oil/oil filter changed at 1200km, now odometer only 1600km)

While running it in, it will be a bit buzzy but that does smooth out as the bike wears in. Don't be afraid to rev it over 6k RPMs but nothing more than 10k and no longer than a few seconds once in a while. Do this in lower gears and use the decel to slow down. This is all great for the ring seating.

Where's the vibes coming from?

It ocurred to me that some of us are either Veteran bike riders or cheapskates, and/or both. I'v changed my tires on everything I'v ever owned...... bikes, that is. Well the 17" aluminum cast wheels arn't that bad to do, but tire changing is another topic. The final product 'most' of us end up with is a new set of 'skins' on the bike, and looking great as new skins will do to a bike. But I'll admit that I'v not "BALANCED" these tires when I was done, part of cheapskate I suppose.

Well potentially alot of vibration can now transmit up to the handelbars or pegs and seat now if theres any amount of off-balance. These tires now-adays are SO close, but not perfect, but to be sure that out of ballance existed, you'll see on worn out fronts or rears next to the tread/grooves, dips and 'more wear' spots, places more worn than adjacent areas.

Balanced tires or lack thereof can be traced to vibes at speed while riding, but not at a stop of course.

Back