Very sturdy stand for our bicycles!

So I had been using a crappy thing I made out of cheap wood to change my front tire, it was sturdy but I did not feel happy with it to do a complete front end swap. So considering I survived the rapture, I figured I would be able to make a better stand.

Here is what I did. I took a 4x4, and cut it into three pieces. Two are 10.5" long, and one is 12" long. I then took some 1x2 and cut it into 4, 7" sections. The 1x2 was actually 3/4" thick so that is why one of the 4x4's was 1.5" wider.

I put the two 10.5" 4x4's on the bottom, and used two sections of the 1x2 to attach them together on their sides. Then I sat the 12" 4x4 in the center on top, and used the remaining two pieces of 1x2 to attach the top 4x4 to the bottom two.

Viola, very sturdy wood block for the Gen2. I don't know if it works on the Gen1, but I know this is absolutely perfect for the Gen2. Height wise, it gets the front tire about 1/2" off the ground which is all you need. You can slide your forks out as well. Simply line it up next to your header, push on the tail with your right arm and slide the wood under the bike with your left foot.

:)

Not the best picture, but you can see it.

DSCF6870.jpg

DSCF6873.jpg

I have doen essentially the same thing, I screwed several pieces of 2x6 with drywall screws. each piece is a little smaller as you move towards the top. For the top piece, I countersunk the screws so that they wouldnt scuff anything. the setup works great.

By the way what kind of tail bag is that? I have an Axio and really do not like it.

Last edited:
You've played a lot of Jenga, haven't you Geno. I think I like the look of the bike with out the front end.

LOL yeah I thought it looked cool as well.

I have doen essentially the same thing, I screwed several pieces of 2x6 with drywall screws. each piece is a little smaller as you move towards the top. For the top piece, I countersunk the screws so that they wouldnt scuff anything. the setup works great.

By the way what kind of tail bag is that? I have an Axio and really do not like it.

It is an Axio 2.0 lol... Could be the same as yours?

Back