V-Star 650

Dustin

I have been thinking about getting a cruiser, if only just for a short time. I've never owned one and thought it might be a fun experience for little while.

2013_XVS650A_SMX_CA_1_l.jpg

If one wanted a cruiser under 750cc, is there a better choice than the V-Star 650? Under 750 cc simply because of insurance rates out here. Plus, all cruisers are shit slow and I really don't care to ride around on some stupid 1300 cc rolling tank

I'd like slow, quiet and comfortable. Good fuel economy & long range tank would be nice, too. Nothing over $3000. I'd prefer to be on the good side of $2500.

Last edited:
Althouh I did test ride a Triumph America and that wasnt bad either as far as those things go. Personally I couldnt do a cruiser I dont feel like Im a part of the bike like on a sporty.

Oh no, nothing like that. The 919 is staying for a long while yet :)

I was just considering adding a cruiser to the fleet. I'd just insure it 6 months of the year like I do the FZ600.

If I was going to get a smaller cc cruiser I would be thinking between 750 and 950. Look at the Vulcan 900, Yamaha V-Star 950 and Suzuki C50. The engine size of a cruiser doesn't correlate to a sport bike engine size.

Sent from my Transform Ultra using Tapatalk 2

Mnmh, I think I would pass on any low cc cruiser. Back in the 99 I was once driving a virago 535 and it was awful. A cruiser might be nice because of the low end torque, you shift into 5th or 6th gear and just cruise. However in the low cc cruisers do not have this torque so you have to shift all the time, which is very annoying and no relaxed cruising possible. That said I am not a cruiser fan and maybe you have to be one to appreciate the low cc cruisers, I never owned any cruiser and did not really test any large cc cruise for a long time. Just saying what I felt with the low cc.

I have been thinking about getting a cruiser, if only just for a short time. I've never owned one and thought it might be a fun experience for little while.

2013_XVS650A_SMX_CA_1_l.jpg

If one wanted a cruiser under 750cc, is there a better choice than the V-Star 650? Under 750 cc simply because of insurance rates out here. Plus, all cruisers are shit slow and I really don't care to ride around on some stupid 1300 cc rolling tank

I'd like slow, quiet and comfortable. Good fuel economy & long range tank would be nice, too. Nothing over $3000. I'd prefer to be on the good side of $2500.

Makes me want to punch you:box:

Back