US vs non-US headlight

Khaotik

I live in the UK but I believe my FZ1 (which I purchased 2nd hand) is a US spec machine as I have the reflectors on my brake calipers.

So the question is, is my headlight MOT compliant? It's a 2008 bike and has already passed one MOT but I don't have the pod lights/ running lights in my headlight which is an MOT requirement so I am confused. Do other UK forum members have the small pod/running lights in the corner of their headlights? Or do you have some other running light?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?bd04qj

I live in the UK but I believe my FZ1 (which I purchased 2nd hand) is a US spec machine as I have the reflectors on my brake calipers.

So the question is, is my headlight MOT compliant? It's a 2008 bike and has already passed one MOT but I don't have the pod lights/ running lights in my headlight which is an MOT requirement so I am confused. Do other UK forum members have the small pod/running lights in the corner of their headlights? Or do you have some other running light?

Well I can't answer the question about your MOT, but can tell you that if you have to add the running lights in the corner of the headlights it can be done on US spec headlights. Take a look here:

http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-mods/1436-pod-mod-lights.html

I have a sidelamp / pod lamp in each corner that comes on with the ignition and permantly stay on as are the headlamps once the engine is running , As for the mot i think as long as you have side lamps / dip and main beam working ther shouldnt be a problem .:stirpot:

But if you still have the US headlight it should be an instant MOT failure since the beam points the wrong way. Since as far as I can remember (has been 20 some years since I lived in the US for a while) you drive on the right side of the road in US and on the left side in the UK, or am I wrong?

But if you still have the US headlight it should be an instant MOT failure since the beam points the wrong way. Since as far as I can remember (has been 20 some years since I lived in the US for a while) you drive on the right side of the road in US and on the left side in the UK, or am I wrong?

yes your right if they bothered to check the beam image :hook2:

Last edited:
Back