US spec ECU

AML

Hey guys, ive been modding the heck out of my bike and I now have an additional 18hp, which is nice.

BUT my bike is the JP spec and was only 90hp stock. So now its at 108hp.

At 9000rpm the bike suddenly dips and looses power. The guy who did the Dyno told me that its probably due to the ECU cutting in and lowering the power.

He recomended I look into a US spec ECU and install that into the bike.

Anyone know how much it would cost/where to get?

And would it be a simple case of plug&play?

Thanks.

AML

I have seen somewhere on an FZ1 forum where there is a way to change the power limitation in the diagnostic mode. I believe that it was a guy from France where they are HP limited as well.

This is the thread that you were thinking of: http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-tech/651-150hp-100hp.html?highlight=changing+hp+setting

The search function is a wonderful thing.;)

Not, sure if it will really be that simple, but it's worth a shot.

Don't see why the US spec ECU wouldn't work as long as the connectors are the same. However, I'm not sure that there is an easy way to verify that. The easiest (and cheapest) thing would be to find a used one on eBay, but I don't see any on there at the moment.

Have any tuner shops been successful in hacking into the code of the ECU? It would be a nice clean way to tune vs. all the piggyback patches (PCIII, FCE etc). I had the ECU for my G35 reflashed by a tuner shop in So. CA and it made a huge difference across the board.

Back