US Army Airborne School BUMMER!

fazer1sniper

Some of you guys followed my Daughter's first bike, a mild custom 86 Yamaha Radian 600...
http://www.998cc.org/forum/non-fz1-motorcycle-section/9004-my-daughters-bike-early-build.html

Anyway, since the she graduated Military Intel School in AZ, top 10% of her class, nailed a 364 out of 300 pt extended score ,Got a spot in Airborne School and orders to report to 3rd Special Forces Group at FT Bragg (dad still has contacts in his old field)...
Yesterday at Jump School.... she broke her foot. She's heartbroken. Now the future in unknown. Damn, this sucks.

I'm sorry to hear that this happened to her! I'm glad to know it isn't some news that is a lot worse though. She can heal but will they let her try again? Give her our best and a hope for a speedy recovery.

I hope she heals quickly and gets another chance. Very sorry to hear that. I wish her the best. If she doesn't get a second chance at airborne, I'm sure she will end up in a specialty that can use her talent and intellect! It sounds like she can excel at whatever comes her way.

"I have woven a parachute out of everything broken." ~William Stafford

"Damaged people are dangerous. They know they can survive." ~Josephine Hart

Yeah, More guys get hurt in gound week than any other phase. As of now her status is medical hold over. She was approched by a Black Hat (Airborne Instuctor) who told her that her dad was one of the NCO's in Recon Platoon in his Infantry Battalion... seem's like he is attemping to hide her out as long as he can in hope the stess fractures heal and she can go back in the class.

I hope everything works out for her and she heals up quickly. Even if it doesn't work out for her right now, is there a chance to try again later on? I'm not familiar with any military procedures.

Sounds like things are going the right direct, all things considered. If it is "only" a stress fracture she may only need a couple of weeks of rest and then recycle into another class.

I had stress fractures in both feet in basic and suffered for months. Then I got the flu and was in the hospital for about 3 days. That was all my feet needed to heal up and for the last month of basic I rocked and ended up the the company high PT score. Hopefully that is all she needs is a little rest.

Back