Upgrade my Suspension to full HyperPro

mies

Since last week I have a complete Suspension Upgrade from HyperPro. At the back the stock shock has been replaced by a HyperPro 3D shock and in the front new progressive springs with new oil have been placed.

After riding it for a week with a few 100 kilometers I can say that it is a complete new machine. Bike turns much tigher and is more stable. Also the swaying (not sure if this is a word :) ) feeling I sometimes had is gone. It feels like the bike has more grip.

So in short the new suspension is just great.

Still have to do a little bit of finetuning but that has to wait until the weather clears up so I can drive all day.

And offcourse what is a treat without pictures.

New HyperPro 3D Shock with Hose
imag0108y.jpg

Removal stock Shock
imag0110xb.jpg

HyperPro shock in place
imag0111sd.jpg

Closeup HyperPro shock in place
imag0112o.jpg

Stock Shock
imag0115ok.jpg

FZ1N without front legs:)
imag0114r.jpg

front fork springs actually are the same across all brands, be it ohlins, hyperpro, WP, bitubo, etc..

so long the correct spring rate is used and preferred oil weight, you will have improvements over the stock settings.

and dude, can't really see the photos on my side. ;)

looks good and hopefully handles even better.What brand bellypan is that?

@ romr: Thanks

@ amevl: Thanks and your right it handles like a dream. The bellypan is stock yamaha one.

U.S spec belly pan doesnt have the side vents

Not sure that that is a stock Yamaha bellypan, unless it's specific to certain markets. I had originally gotten one from the UK and it didn't have those vents. Matter of fact I have never seen one with those vents on the sides, plus it has one "extra" vent in the front. UK site that sells bellypans for comparison:

Yamaha FZ1/FZ1 Fazer Sub Cowling

Back