Update

I don't mean to be presumptuous and I really dislike the relatives and friends who send out yearly "newsletters of what they and their prodigal families have accomplished in the past year. I don't mean to do that. Just wanted to tell my friends I'm alive and well. The divorce is progressing in a fairly civil manner. It was an after quake of Jake's death but a long time coming, as my loving friends Eric and Michele know.

So we sold the house, a very big house, that was fully paid, so that and some savings make it so going back to work is not a high priority to me. I've moved to the safe haven of my mom's home in Florida (Eric visited me there as well as you know), bought the best Doberman puppy on the face of the earth (thank you again for the Kimbertal Kennel recommendation), and waiting for my bikes to arrive by truck transport. I'm doing better...finally. Thank you all for your wonderful comments, PM's, and encouragement.

We are VERY happy to hear that you're there safely. I did not want to bother you until you've had some time to adjust. But please, call me ANYTIME you want/need to talk Norm. I'm always 11 digits away from you. :D

How's Mom doing too? How's the dogs getting along? How's the cat's taking to the new dog? LOL!

Looking forward to some pictures. Miss you already!!

Hey Norm it is good to hear from you. You are certainly headed into a new chapter in your life. I just saw my brother and his big dogs a couple of weeks ago and they reminded me of your new dog. My brother was suprised and happy to hear that you got a dog from there, they certainly love theirs. Hopefully your bikes will get there soon!

Last edited:
Good luck in your future endeavors. My only piece of advice would be to not sit around too long without a job because you have come into some house funds. The money is nice to have, of course, but the couple of times I was without work my first thought was to get reemployed, and in this environment that really takes time and effort. Enjoy a bit of time off but get back in the groove of being employed.

Hi Norm, my friend, good luck, dont sell your bikes, wish I was there to help you, me twice been there and kept my bikes, get a new one when your ready [women] with low miles on her, a good one will make you happy again.:cowboy:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc4-nhmV8ro]Yogi - YouTube[/ame]

cos, I can't thank you enough for that recommendation. These are beautiful Dobermans and Yogi reminds me and my mom so much of the Doberman we had when I was a kid, Abbey. Only he'll be about twice her size, lol.

Eric all the animals are adjusting. Yogi is what appears to be a super alpha dog. I have to watch him every minute. He's totally attached to me already but he keeps trying to take over the house. I brought him to Petco and he tried to devour 2 bulldogs with his baby teeth. Brandy and her big dog teeth has scared him back a couple of times but he keeps coming. Mostly wants to play. Looks like I've got to be alpha or Yogi will eagerly take over the job. Every day gets better and they keep me so busy it seems like it's the perfect medicine.

Thanks for all the comments above and the advice. It's all good stuff and I'll keep it in mind.

Glad to hear that things are "looking up" Norm. While I'm hear I'd like to thank you.....I had a crap day today at work and was feeling sorry for myself, so I logged on, had a browse and saw your post, which of course reminded me of you and the hardship you have been through..... my problems at work are very insignificant. Thanks Norm for helping me gain some perspective today. Take care mate.

PK1

Glad to hear that things are "looking up" Norm. While I'm hear I'd like to thank you.....I had a crap day today at work and was feeling sorry for myself, so I logged on, had a browse and saw your post, which of course reminded me of you and the hardship you have been through..... my problems at work are very insignificant. Thanks Norm for helping me gain some perspective today. Take care mate.

PK1

Thank you my friend. We're all the same really. I disgust my own self when I think of the things I used to lose my temper over or the things that bothered me in the past.

Norm something about a puppy at play can warm even the coldest heart. Glad to hear that you're getting your feet back under you. Time marches on and hearts find a way to heal. That little guy is going to be a big help with the latter. Good luck down in your new digs.

Glad to hear you are doing ok Norm. Now that you are here in FL, when your bikes arrive and you feel like getting away let me know and I will meet you down the coast and we can go for a nice ride. You will love FL if you give it a chance and I will let you know about the secret twisty roads around here!

Back