Two FZ's on the road today

After reading posts from Deftone and seeing we lived less than an hour apart we took advantage of the warm (mid 50's) dry weather to meet up and ride today. I had the pleasure of introducing him to Mosquito Ridge Road, one heck of a great twisty road.

Here's Deftone (Mark)

IMG_1784.jpg

Mark's 07 on the left and Doug's 08 on the right with a bridge over the American River in the background.

IMG_1785.jpg

It was a chilly start (41) in the morning so it was a good day to test out my new Barkbuster Storm hand guards-yep, I like them!

IMG_1787.jpg

Mark giving a "thumbs up" to two great bikes out having fun!

IMG_1790.jpg

Mark had to get home early so I ventured home down Iowa Hill Road where I snagged a few pictures at the North Fork crossing.

IMG_1811.jpg

A few pics of the old bridge.

IMG_1807.jpg

IMG_1810.jpg

California is in a big time drought- we need rain, the river should not be this low in the winter.

IMG_1801.jpg

5 mph? yeah right ;)

IMG_1818.jpg

Good to meet and ride with you today Mark!

Last edited:
Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy seeing some great looking FZ1's. I need to get some bark busters too. I think if I had those, a nice tall windshield and maybe heated grips, I could ride in fairly cold weather. Do you know what windshield Mark had on the '07? (I have the faster blue '07) :p

Sweet !!

Thanks for sharing the pics! I LOVE to look at old bridges. Especially older metal/iron ones. The FZ's are great looking too!! wink,wink, 8^)

Great ride, Doug!

Do you know what windshield Mark had on the '07?

It's the Zero Gravity Sport Touring. I bought it from ZG's outlet store on ebay for $55.

Man... I might have to change my fender eliminator. I really like the one that tucks the tag up underneath what do ya use for turn signals then???

The previous owner did that stuff. You can see the LED turn signals underneath the tail:

IMG_1787.jpg

Last edited:
Nice photos, New Years day is suppose to be 45 here. Hoping I can get some people off their winter butts and get a ride in. For this week I'm off to VT for some snow board action

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice pics and you can't beat the classy looks of Gen2s in those pics! Looks like Mark is also running some kind of handguards. Need to get me those but I guess they won't clear the fairing with my SM2 bars.

Nice pics and you can't beat the classy looks of Gen2s in those pics! Looks like Mark is also running some kind of handguards. Need to get me those but I guess they won't clear the fairing with my SM2 bars.

I pulled those off my Dirtbike right before the ride. I had to cut them up a little, but they fit on the Pro Taper bars. They are old KTM Hand Guards, and they worked out pretty good, but my hands were still a bit cold in my old Tour Master roadracing gloves. They do bump into the windscreen and the mirrors, but only slightly at full steering lock.

Doug used glove liners, I had mine with me but didn't put them on. :banghead:

It was nice in the sun, but the shady spots it got a little cool.

Tourmaster Transition Jacket was awesome. Very toasty and warm.

tourmaster_transition_ii_jacket_big.jpg

I tried my Klim Dakar dirt bike pants over long underwear pants.

2008-Klim-Dakar-Pants.jpg

A little breezy where the stretch panels are located, but not too bad. A pair of jeans over the long underwear and the Klim pants over that would have been perfect. They are plenty room for layers.

My Tourmaster one piece cordura suit would have been perfect for this ride.

$(KGrHqQOKokE5lkI3ROdBOh9F4,Q3w~~60_12.JPG

Last edited:
Back