Two brothers Exhaust question.

Just got my two brothers slip on pipe. I have never installed a slip on, but from what I could tell it looked fairly easy. The question I have is it came with a tube of ultra black gasket maker, now i have followed all directions and no were in my directions did it say use the gasket maker, and the directions were pretty detailed and clear. Got the pipe on sounds and looks great, but does anyone know where I am supposed to use this gasket maker. I have a good Idea and I think its where the mid pipe meets the can but I could be wrong.

I definitely see nothng about it in their instructions. Other sites I have looked at say to put it on the mid pipe up to the distance the slip on goes over it then wipe away the excess. Trying to find instructions from another vendor.

Here is where someone was describing it.:
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?p=2621611

P.S. My Yosh did not require this at all.

Last edited:
From what I read in that post you really only need it if you have a leak. How do you know if you have a leak? Just move your hand around the connection while it is running and you will feel it.

Yea, if it's not leaking I don't see a need for it either. Even if you miss a small leak by running your hand over it you'll see a dark streak after riding for a few miles.

I put mine on about and it fit so tight it did'nt need any of the sealant but as others said, keep an eye on it for a while.Ed great sound isn't it.

Back