TV and Movie Talk

So... let's talk TV and Movies...

Shows I watch Religiously:
Weeds - Mary Louise Parker and Marijuana.... granted... the show isn't nearly as fun as the first few seasons... I liked the first 2 seasons much better...

Dexter - I think that at any moment, I'm about 2 steps away from becoming Dexter.... Great show. absolutely Love it and can't wait for the next season.

True Blood - Ok... I'll be the first to say.... this show is dumb... dumb, but addictive. They leave every show hanging ... never any resolution... but.. proves one thing.. there are no normal people in Louisiana.

House - After last season's end.... I wonder where it'll be heading... sober House? addicted to a new drug? Stories from inside the rehab center?

Bones - I don't quite remember how I got hooked on this one... I don't like Law & Order... or any of the CSI shows... but for some reason... I like this one.

Other than the above... not much on TV interests me...

As far as movies lately...

I've been on a kick lately watching movies that I haven't seen in a long time... the other day, it was Smokey and the Bandit... I love almost anything with Burt Reynolds, as his laugh makes me laugh... couple that with hot cars, fancy driving, and car chases... it's a winner in my book.

Yesterday was a TRON day.... I was looking around online, and saw that there's a new Tron movie planned... so... had to break out the original and give it a watch....

New Tron Trailer:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWEAtgIFYHk]YouTube - Tron Legacy 3D movie trailer / preview 2010 HD[/ame]

So... what about you guys? What're you watching? Seen any good movies lately? I've got things lined up on Netflix... but there is always room for more...

Me, I'm more into my Speed Channel. It's on probably 80% of the time in my house. Even when I used to go to the barber (pre-baldness), as soon as I walked through the door, he would switch over to Speed on the TV. As for the other 20% it runs down like this:

TAPS (Ghost Hunters) Wednesdays
Monster Quest (Wednesdays)
Gangland (Thursdays)
Cops (Daily)
Sons of Anarchy (back Sept. 8th) Can't Wait!
The Horsepower Block on Spike (Sundays)

Well -- I just watched the original TRON the other day --

Also p/u Ghostbuster 1 and 2 in the bargain bin yesterday and my son loved it -- especially the staypuft marshmellow scene

Have Cannonball I and II on the DVR right now --

As far as current movies -- they have all blown (recent sucky titles)
Fast & Furious
Eschelon (sp) -- Conspiracy Theory
Watchmen (instant sleeping pill)
apparently my memory is only good for two weeks before dumping...

As far as shows--

Deadliest Catch
Ice Road Truckers
Deadliest Warrior
Mythbusters
Dirty Jobs
So you think you can Dance -- I don't, but my wife tries to make me
Hell's Kitchen
............guess they are all reality based
Lie to Me
Smallville
Sons of Anarchy
Boston Legal (although the final season -- meh)

and of course all the AMA/MotoGP/WBSK I can get away with and still allow room for the others

Last edited:
Yesterday, got in Disc 1 Season 1 of Eureka.... great show... been watching it for a few years, but I love getting the seasons from Netflix....

For those who don't watch the show, you should check it out sometime on the Sci Fi channel (now Scy Fy for some unknown reason)

The premise is that there is a town full of the brightest minds in the world, working on scientific breakthroughs on a daily basis. As one could expect, a town full of geniuses has its fair share of problems, and craziness ensues.... holes in time and space, random things around town blowing up, houses that can talk and follow your commands... all in all, an awesome show.

Back