turn signal upgrades

Got my turn signals in the mail yesterday. It took about 10 days to get here and they look great! It is a good thing I saw them on your bike ballmed or I never would have know about them since they do not sell these in the USA.

Got my turn signals in the mail yesterday. It took about 10 days to get here and they look great! It is a good thing I saw them on your bike ballmed or I never would have know about them since they do not sell these in the USA.

No worries, glad to be of service :)

They look a lot better than the crappy stock orange ones, hey?

Does anyone have a picture of the Watsen lights installed on their bike?

I really like the color matching, but not sure if I want to give up my Protons if they aren't as bright or visible.

Thanks

View attachment 10140
63636fa6-42c3-8830.jpg

Decent brightness in daylight... Very bright at night... Not hard to install... Just follow the directions.

Last edited:
Today my second set of Protons arrived for the rear of the bike. I have the front set to DOT flash now, but I'm gonna set the front and rear to strobe flash and see how it looks.

Still tossing around the idea of moving the Protons to the girlfriends YZF600 and ordering the Watsens' in Cobalt blue for the front and black (gloss or matte) for the rear to mount on the fender eliminator sides.

Decisions, decisions...

Today my second set of Protons arrived for the rear of the bike. I have the front set to DOT flash now, but I'm gonna set the front and rear to strobe flash and see how it looks.

Still tossing around the idea of moving the Protons to the girlfriends YZF600 and ordering the Watsens' in Cobalt blue for the front and black (gloss or matte) for the rear to mount on the fender eliminator sides.

Decisions, decisions...

Were can I find Protons for the rear of the bike?

8 ohm 20w resistor from the local electronics shop on the left and right circuit will get them blinking if you add on up front and one on the back for each circuit they will slow down to about stock

Decisions, decisions...

Very interested in what you do with the rear lights... I have been pondering the same thing. Are the rear turn signals wired with the same connectors that the Watsens are for the front?

I currently have LED's on the rear of my bike.

Dont go down the resistor route, pay a little extra and get the proper relay.

I was following an elderly woman the other week driving too fast and then on a corner left the road and ended up in a ditch. I then had to stay with her in the pouring rain for 2 hours!

My bike being parked on the side of the road in a vulnerable position, I put my hazards on, but a few mins later they had stopped! I went back over and put them back on, nothing. I tried my turn signal, nothing. Bike off and back on, then they worked. Not sure what that was but knowing the resistors get very hot, i think it may have overheated something.

I was following an elderly woman the other week driving too fast and then on a corner left the road and ended up in a ditch. I then had to stay with her in the pouring rain for 2 hours!

My bike being parked on the side of the road in a vulnerable position, I put my hazards on, but a few mins later they had stopped! I went back over and put them back on, nothing. I tried my turn signal, nothing. Bike off and back on, then they worked. Not sure what that was but knowing the resistors get very hot, i think it may have overheated something.

I agree. Unless they don't make the proper LED flasher relay for your application (and we know the FZ1 is covered) then I would only use the resistors as a last resort in custom applications.

Nice of you to help out the old lady by the way :tup:

This is exactly what happened to my bike with the resistors and it's why I also recommend a proper LED flasher relay over resistors always.

Not quite sure what you mean stretch?

The Watsens are MUCH brighter than any other aftermarket signal except for Protons. I would put the Protons and the Watsens in the same league with brightness, but the Watsens look a lot nicer IMO.

Nothing is going to be as noticable as stock, as there is no huge blinker hanging off the side of the bike. Its a trade off. I like my watsens, but that's me.

I thought the point of switching to LED bulbs, which generally produce less light then the incandescent bulbs they replace was that they drew less energy.
If these LEDs require the same curent (amperage) draw as stock, why use LED bulbs and not the brighter incandescent bulbs.

Were can I find Protons for the rear of the bike?

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I got one set from a member on here and ordered my second set from Powersport Superstore. They were the cheapest I found with shipping.

High Tech Speed Proton Flushmount Turn Signals PFL-0409

Still not too sure on how visible they are from the rear. I have a relay on order and it should be here in the next day or so. I'll try to post some pics and maybe a video then. They aren't flashing quit right now and even so the girlfriend said she couldn't see them very well, not like when I had the stock ones on. Not too sure on others opinions, but when it comes to the rear I want everyone to be able to see what my intentions are.

Last edited:
Back