turn signal diagrams anyone?

Hi
Have had LED indicators on my 2006 FZ1N for a 5 years now with an after market flash relay. The rears recently started to lose some of the LEDs, so i popped the lense to investigate. A little corrosion and some suspected dry joints in there.
Scraped a little of the fur away with no problems, then had an idea to swap left and right, to check that the bullet connectors were ok. both flashed as before, so connectors were fine. I then reconnected them the right way around, switched the ignition back on to check them and they don't work!
Checked the 10 amp fuse and even resorted to replacing the relay and indicators with the originals, but with no joy.
can anyone please post a copy of the turn signal wiring diagram, so that i can trace the system through, or offer any other suggestion as to what the problem is?
cheers
Pete

It sounds to me like you got the polarity backwards on one or both of the lights when you put them back after reversing them. Remeber, with LED lights you must have the polarity correct whereas with the stock incandescent lights it doesn't matter. When you put the relay in, was it simply a plug and play for the stock flasher? Unless you actually changed the wiring, you shouldn't have to worry about how they are wired.

It sounds to me like you got the polarity backwards on one or both of the lights when you put them back after reversing them. Remeber, with LED lights you must have the polarity correct whereas with the stock incandescent lights it doesn't matter. When you put the relay in, was it simply a plug and play for the stock flasher? Unless you actually changed the wiring, you shouldn't have to worry about how they are wired.

Checked that at the time :0( and then replaced them with the stock flashers and flasher unit....still no joy! the after market flasher unit just plugged into existing connector with no problems. This has really got me scratching my head, as when the failure occured, the only things i'd disturbed was the rear flashers....

You have a multimeter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, got a multimeter...not too keen on braking open the handlebar cluster...got it off the bar, but the indicator switch is all delicate bits of plastic, clipped together, and more than likely expensive to replace, so could do with a circuit diagram to identify the wires in that particular circuit by colour coding...that way i can find an accessible piece of loom and stick pins through the insulation to do the checks with the multimeter.....

All sorted now :0) Had a word with my friendly yam dealer, who kindly allowed me to borrow their disc with the complete workshop manual on......fortunately the problem was much simpler than anticipated......the whole signal circuit gats it's power from the tail light, which(you guessed it) wasn't working...i can only blame my lack of observation on the sun shining in the garage and making it look as tho it was working, anyway fuse blown, probably caused by my screwdriver whilst scraping away corrosion...

Back