Triple clamp

DirtyD

How do you remove...I am wanting it powder coated...
I removed the nut with a 1/14 socket and the 2 Allen keys and tried to tap it off with a mallet but no luck...please tell me

Ok I missed to 8mm bolts got the clamp off but it attached to the ignition (key) how in the help...does that come off

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Ok I missed to 8mm bolts got the clamp off but it attached to the ignition (key) how in the help...does that come off

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I wish I could help you bud but I'm a GenI guy and I believe that they are different as to how they are bolted on. I'm sure some GenII members will chime in shortly.

The ignition is put on with security bolts that cannot come off. You need to cut a slot in them with a dremel wheel and unscrew them. Then replace the bolts with either new security bolts or normal metric bolts if you don't want it locked in place.

The ignition is put on with security bolts that cannot come off. You need to cut a slot in them with a dremel wheel and unscrew them. Then replace the bolts with either new security bolts or normal metric bolts if you don't want it locked in place.

When I removed mine I actually used a drill press to just grind the head of the bolt off. Then after I removed the ignition switch I used Vice-Grips to unscrew the little studs that remained. I just replaced them with regular Allen bolts and some blue Loctite.

Back