Triple clamp options

ghetto_d

So, my upper triple just broke when they were trying to get the bushings out.
Anyone know of aftermarket options?
Any advice for removal / install of these stupid bushings?

Are you talking about the steering head bearings??

no, i'm talking about the bushings inserted into the upper triple clamp, that the bar mounts bolt to.
(see diagram here; bushings #12) http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/2007/FZ1+-+FZS10W/STEERING/parts.html

in my quest to get the triple powder coated, i disassembled everything, then had a buddy take the upper triple (with the bearings still in it) to the stealership he works at to press the bushings out. in doing so, the triple broke. pics yet to come.

if one refers to the above link, it looks like the manufacturer only supplies these uppers as an assembly / with the bushings already in. although they sell the bushings separate... in short, i'd hate to buy a new assembly, and have to press out the bushings, risking it breaking again.

no, i'm talking about the bushings inserted into the upper triple clamp, that the bar mounts bolt to.
(see diagram here; bushings #12) Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 2007 FZ1 - FZS10W STEERING Diagram

in my quest to get the triple powder coated, i disassembled everything, then had a buddy take the upper triple (with the bearings still in it) to the stealership he works at to press the bushings out. in doing so, the triple broke. pics yet to come.

if one refers to the above link, it looks like the manufacturer only supplies these uppers as an assembly / with the bushings already in. although they sell the bushings separate... in short, i'd hate to buy a new assembly, and have to press out the bushings, risking it breaking again.

Oh okay, I see now. I'll take a look to see what I can find.

Back