Tried repair fuel pump?

Hi,
Recently came across a product by K & L supply, which they call it fuel pump point switch. Anyone tried replacing this switch on their faulty fuel pump? Is most of the pump failure due to this switch?

I also came across the diode mode on some other forums, is it effective? Anyone can share views on this?

fuel pump

It was an electric pump, and according to the service manual, the resistance of a healthy pump should be between 4 to 30 ohms. Have u check yours before?

Mine got a reading of 2.8ohms , so take the hassle to try this switch replacement before getting a new pump if fail totally. U check yours and see what's the reading, positive probe to the black/blue wire & negative to the black wire. Remember to disconnect the coupler from the main bike harness and test on the pump only.

It was an electric pump, and according to the service manual, the resistance of a healthy pump should be between 4 to 30 ohms. Have u check yours before?

Mine got a reading of 2.8ohms , so take the hassle to try this switch replacement before getting a new pump if fail totally. U check yours and see what's the reading, positive probe to the black/blue wire & negative to the black wire. Remember to disconnect the coupler from the main bike harness and test on the pump only.

I got a gen 2 with efi my readings will likely be much different since I need 50ish psi.

Back