Tres Amigas

Ally House

Two of my former co-workers and I broke free last Thursday for a ride over SR 242, Old McKenzie Highway. It is usually closed for winter sometime in October, so we were lucky to get this ride in.

View attachment 16220

Kris, Pammy and me. Combined, 75 years of service to the Lane County Sheriff's Office.

Kris has a new-to-her 05 BMW R1200RT. Pammy rides her bought new 01 1200 Harley Sportster. All three bikes played nice on this trip.

The fall colors were grand, but there was no stopping for photo ops on this trip, except at the McKenzie Summit.

View attachment 16221

View attachment 16222

View attachment 16223

View attachment 16224

View attachment 16225

I'm loving that BMW! I rode one at a AMA Women's Conference a few years back, it was factory lowered for the vertically challenged :embarrased:

Glad the weather was good Ally. Thanks for sharing here too! :)

Thanks for sharing. I've been to OR a few times. Beautiful place. I always enjoyed the smell of the woods. Must have been the Douglas Firs and lichens. I'd be fine with the BMW or FZ1. I would really love a K1600GT I-6, but I don't have $30,000 laying around. An FJR is my realistic next bike.

I think a KTM 990 or 1190 or even a Super Tenere would be awesome for some of those logging roads, but I don't know if I would ever feel safe on them with those trucks running around with full loads. Perhaps a KTM 350, 450 or 550 would be more reasonable?

Nice! I love the hi-viz jacket!

And are those blue Cortech bags? They remind me of my first soft bags, they were a set of those same type Cortech bags in black. I killed them in California, and they STILL made the trip all the way back to Texas. Good bags!

Yes they are, and I absolutely love them. I have a tail bag as well for my extended trips.

Nice! I love the hi-viz jacket!

And are those blue Cortech bags? They remind me of my first soft bags, they were a set of those same type Cortech bags in black. I killed them in California, and they STILL made the trip all the way back to Texas. Good bags!

I don't know how to do fancy route stuff. We took Hwy 126 E out of Springfield, took the Hwy 242 cut-off and went over McKenzie Pass into Sisters, then back to town on Hwy 20/22/126. There are a couple nice combo rides to do; one includes FR 19, The Aufderheide, from Oakridge to Blue River, then up over McKenzie Pass. Another one has you go back via FR 46, Cascade Lakes Highway. Really good riding July-October, mostly.

Back