Transmission noise

Morning
I've noticed the chain has become very noisy/whiny over the last few months , it was replaced about 10k ago. Every thing seems ok wear wise , I'm wondering if it's worth trying an oe front sprocket on it with the damper to so if this helps any thoughts , experiences?
Cheers

Morning Delbert, I will assume that the chain is clean and lubed. What's the condition of the rear sprocket? Is it the original? Also, have you removed the rear wheel for any reason? Could be just a bit out of alignment. Once a year I remove the front sprocket cover just to clean all the grime and gunk that accumulates around that front sprocket.

Morning Delbert, I will assume that the chain is clean and lubed. What's the condition of the rear sprocket? Is it the original? Also, have you removed the rear wheel for any reason? Could be just a bit out of alignment. Once a year I remove the front sprocket cover just to clean all the grime and gunk that accumulates around that front sprocket.
Thanks for the reply
Every thing looks good , i have just replaced the front sprocket for one with the damper , not had a chance to try it yet but certainly sounds quieter spinning the rear wheel !! I will report back

Managed to get out today for a few miles , the new sprocket has made a huge difference!! Still a bit of noise but nothing like it was so good result!! . I picked the sprocket up from Ebay from bike torque, just the noisey clutch to deal with now

Managed to get out today for a few miles , the new sprocket has made a huge difference!! Still a bit of noise but nothing like it was so good result!! . I picked the sprocket up from Ebay from bike torque, just the noisey clutch to deal with now
Happy to hear that things have cleared up a bit. Now to tackle that noisy clutch!!

Back