Traded in my Gen II, and got SCREWED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL I understand. To a point its a cosmetic thing, but I also ride dirtbikes on trails and go camping, so I need a little more room and better tires to get to some spots. This truck isn't just a hwy queen. Im leveled in front for height to match the rear, so rear is just as tall as stock, besides 1" higher from the tires.

Performance no it hurts a tad, but I have a lot invested in my truck with performance mods and custom ECM tuning (Think Ivan ECM mods) with different tuning options that I can select on the fly. My diesel truck has roughly 500HP and 900 ft/lbs torque with minor mods, and I got 21 mpg on the way home yesterday from getting my bike, 17 mpg going to get it with a nasty head wind. About a loss of 1-2 mpg with my tires over stock.

I researched for months before I did anything to my truck as it is my baby and I could talk a lot about everything duramax/diesel.

Thanks for the quick lesson! I'm always amazed what kind figures you can get from those modern diesel motors.

Now if they'd only stop spraying black smoke all over me ;)

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick lesson! I'm always amazed what kind figures you can get from those modern diesel motors. Now if they'd only stop spraying black smoke everywhere

I completely agree. A lot of idiots think smoke = power, but smoke is unburnt fuel, so wasted power. When your talking HIGH hp diesel, 700+, you need a bit of smoke, but not dumping coal around. It does so much damage to your engine internally, on injectors, cylinder walls, ect...

My truck has a light puff on wide open throttle with tuning all the way up, but it lasts for .5 seconds waiting for my turbo to kick in.

I have a 5 ft aluminum ramp, and like Klurejr said, I sometimes use a hill at my house for dirtbikes. I also can let tailgate rest on bumper and it helps.

Is it almost the width of the tailgate, or say a smaller track 12-16" wide? Possibly two smaller tracks so the bike is on one and you on the other?

Nice thing about my truck is it sits on 20"rims and it is all stock from the Ford house.

Sent from: Liberated Galaxy Tab

Last edited:
Is it almost the width of the tailgate, or say a smaller track 12-16" wide? Possibly two smaller tracks so the bike is on one and you on the other?

Nice thing about my truck is it sits on 20"rims and it is all stock from the Ford house.

Sent from: Liberated Galaxy Tab

Two tracks that fold into eachother, about 12-14 in wide each

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Let me say at the outset that I could be wrong, but after following this sordid saga, I'd bet money that the dealer knew EXACTLY what they were selling to you. That bike was presumably uncrated and prepped; how did the mechanic miss the damage that was so obvious to you? Was the bike prepped in the dark by a blind mechanic?

You feel lucky to ONLY be out $400? If it were me, there are two steps I would absolutely take. First, I'd file a complaint with my state's Attorney General Consumer Affairs division; even though you got your bike and money back, the dealer will most probably spring the same ruse on another unsuspecting buyer. They need to be investigated for fraud, because this is likely how they do business; I seriously doubt you're their first victim.

The second thing I'd do is take them to Small Claims Court to get my $400 back. You don't need an attorney and the documentation you have, along with the fact they essentially admitted their fraudulent practices leads me to think they will not want to stand in front of a judge and get exposed. When they receive a summons to appear in Small Claims Court, I bet you'll get a call letting you know they're going to reimburse you for your expenses.

What have you got to lose?

Last edited:
Let me say at the outset that I could be wrong, but after following this sordid saga, I'd bet money that the dealer knew EXACTLY what they were selling to you. That bike was presumably uncrated and prepped; how did the mechanic miss the damage that was so obvious to you? Was the bike prepped in the dark by a blind mechanic?

You feel lucky to ONLY be out $400? If it were me, there are two steps I would absolutely take. First, I'd file a complaint with my state's Attorney General Consumer Affairs division; even though you got your bike and money back, the dealer will most probably spring the same ruse on another unsuspecting buyer. They need to be investigated for fraud, because this is likely how they do business; I seriously doubt you're their first victim.

The second thing I'd do is take them to Small Claims Court to get my $400 back. You don't need an attorney and the documentation you have, along with the fact they essentially admitted their fraudulent practices leads me to think they will not want to stand in front of a judge and get exposed. When they receive a summons to appear in Small Claims Court, I bet you'll get a call letting you know they're going to reimburse you for your expenses.

What have you got to lose?

Well, your profile says your location is 'Nirvana', but in actually that place doesn't exist. Life is rough and tumble with plenty of twists and turns and ups and downs. None of us except JMundy has the actual experience of this transaction gone bad....we don't know the personal interaction or every exact detail of the deal.

Did the dealer know? Maybe, but maybe not. I would think if they did know they wouldn't be so amenable to reversing the transaction. Sure, you can take them to Small Claims Court which is more time devoted to the issue, but his real damages are hard to prove. He was out nothing in the actual transaction except travel time, gas and lost wages....yes, it's $400 but you would have to prove the dealer knew about the damage and purposely deceived the purchaser. The final events indicate that may not be the case.

Reality bites but you have to just deal with it and move on. I think he came out as good as can be expected under the circumstances. No sense keeping the agony going.

meinschaft - I agree to a point and that was almost my course of action, but to do small claims court I would again have to drive there to stand in front of a judge and state my case, and yes chances are good I would win, but if I didn't, im out even more $$. They admitted it being purchased at auction and seemed genuinely shocked. I worked sales for quite a few years before my current profession, and I feel I can read people well. They said it was new from Yamaha and already assembled. Their willingness to make it right and shock at what happened was enough for me. Ya $400 around Christmas is nice, but in the end it could have been MUCH worse.

Evitzee - Ya it sucks, but its done and over with. I would hope they do not try to re sell and actually either fix the bike or send it back to Yamaha (if they can).

Either way I have learned a valuable lesson and hopefully most of the readers on this forum has as well.

MAKE SURE THE BRAND NEW BIKE IS NEW. CALL YAMAHA AND CHECK THE VIN!! :rofl:

Last edited:
"Did the dealer know? Maybe, but maybe not. I would think if they did know they wouldn't be so amenable to reversing the transaction."

With all due respect, I disagree. Based on my decades of experience with dealerships, they quickly reversed the deal precisely because they got caught red-handed and knew they'd lose their ass if Mr. Mundy went legal on them. But like I said originally, I could be wrong. In any case, I'd still file a complaint with my State's consumer protection people. If this bike is dangerous to operate, as other posters have opined, it should not be sold, at least not without a warning as to its defects. Perhaps you're confident the dealer is honest enough to do that. In Nirvana, we trust, but verify.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back