Tracks in Washington

I really want to attend a track day but I'm not sure where to go or where to get started. I currently live in Yakima Washington. I am no valentino rossi but I think i could scoot around a track pretty well. I like the idea of being in a controlled environment without worrying about a ticket or other road hazards. Anyways any input would be very helpful.

I would recommend Oregon Raceway Park in Grass Valley, Oregon. Pretty much a straight shot south for you (2 hours max). More run-off than any other track in the NW, no super-long drap strip style straights, so your top speed is limited.

Best of all, most track day orgs run a different direction each day on a Sat/Sun trackday weekend (as well as discounting price if you buy in for both days), so its like two different tracks at the same place.

If you watch some youtube vids (search either ORP or Oregon Raceway Park), be aware that the vids do NOT show just how much elevation change there really is.

ORP website

Good luck.

in the pacific northwest you have

Pacific Raceways in Kent, Wa Pacific Raceways -- Where the Excitement is Accelerating!
The Ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton, Wa The Ridge Motorsports Park
Spokane Country Raceways in Spokane, Wa Spokane County Raceway, Your Source for Local Drag Racing, Schedules, Race Results, Ticket Info & More.
Portland International Raceway in Portland, Or Welcome to Portland's home of NASCAR, NHRA drag racing, motocross, car reviews, live racing, and more!
Oregon Raceway Park in Grass Valley, Or Oregon Raceway Park

current track day organizers in washington are

2-Fast 2Fast
OPRT Optimum Performance Rider Training
PSSR Pacific Super Sport Riders
MotoFit MotoFit Group, Motorcycle Rider Training and Motorcycle Safety Training
Sullivan [ SULLIVAN RACE SCHOOL ]
Inland Speed Inland Speed: Spokane County Raceway Premier Track Day Organization

modified from a post i made for a similar question on r6-forum. since you're in yakima, i recommend you do this, august 18-19, come to Grass Valley, Oregon to Oregon Raceway Park with the Motofit Group. it's an absolute amazing time and motofit is really geared towards new riders

i'll be there with a group from seattle!

Back