Trackday 7, Umm Lucky 7

johnnyontherocks

The Cosmic Avenger
I went to Thunderbolt@NJMP again to try riding with a different organization. I rode with Absolute Cycle this time instead of Team Promotion. Some friens ride with Absolute and one is a coach so I figured I'd give it a go. Lots of video to come!!!

First half of the day was all rain( my previous day was a rain day) and I think I'am beginning to enjoy the wet trackday. Q2's do a amazing job, a lot better than you would think. Durning the rain only a few were heading out on the track and very few went down. Its fun to push the front some!!! They were running 1/2 hour sessions so you could really ease your self up to speed and yes I have video.

Second half of the day was anarchy. The sun came out and with the combination of combining groups and lack of control riders it saw a mess. In one session I think 4 people went down in one lap. A serious lack of guidance was evident. I now realize how great Team Promotion is a organization.

Well I will have some entertaing videos filled with rain, crashes, off track excursions and some of my best laps to date. I think I now know what I need to work on to get to Advanced group.

Last edited:
awesome stuff thanks for the update, at this pace you will be riding advance by June! Can't wait to see your video from yesterday. Your experience with Absolute is the complete opisite of the one I had when I rode with them last season, sorry to hear that.

Awesome write-up Johnny! I'm glad you had a great time. I wish I could have been there. I'll be down at NJMP this Saturday morning to pick up the new "Fan Pass" for me and my son. I can't wait to see the video!:yes:

Well here is a rain video. The pace picks up after a couple of laps. Bike gets pretty squirrelly near the end of the vid.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfnOgBvlrng]Thunderbolt@NJMP In The Rain - YouTube[/ame]

After it dried up. Sorry guys but you bastards will know this track long before you get there, thats for sure.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btB0L0QdoZk"]1080p.mov - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Rain !

Nice Johnny ! I would not attempt those speeds in the wet stuff !! You rock ! That video is something else.

Just don't get hurt . . . . ouchhh .. .

Back