Track Time

I hope you guys have some more information than I've been able to find.

I'm in Central Ohio, and the Mid Ohio track does not have any more weekend Track Days scheduled this year. The only other place I been able to find within 3-4 hours drive time, offering Track Days is Putnam Road Course in Indiana.

I guess my question is whether anybody knows of similar venues in Ohio or close to Central Ohio. I've not been able to find any so far, and would really like to get 3-4 more days in this year.

Yes, we ride Novice still, as this is our first year on a road course (former Motocross rider tired of jumping and crashing :eek: )

Any help or information is welcome :rmwl:

Thank you , guys. Pittsburgh track is about 3.5 - 4 hours away. Very doable :)

I was looking at each one of the organizations that rent the track for Track days, and it looks like they have nothing scheduled in the near future (July / August). Maybe I missed it, or didn't access the correct calendar, have to do a little more digging.

I may have to bite the bullet and drive a little farther. That would entail spending the night before at a hotel though (I'm too old to start driving at 2-3 am, to register at 7-8 am and then ride :) )

I was trying to avoid the hotel part. Too many "opportunities" for someone to break into the trailer and do away with tools, gear.....maybe even bikes :mad:

May be an unavoidable risk :shame:

I usually go the night before and camp at the track. Most tracks offer camping, it part of the sport in some sense. I think there are a few tracks in NY state that are central west but names escape me.

I usually go the night before and camp at the track. Most tracks offer camping, it part of the sport in some sense. I think there are a few tracks in NY state that are central west but names escape me.

Camping would definitely be safer (equipment-loss-wise) than the hotel route. I will have to check into who offers that option.

Plus.....no driving in the morning :tup:

Beaver Run is in Pittsburg and is a fantastic track.

What he said! BeaverRun.

Also, If you look up last month's Road Racing World it has a list of every track organization and track day throughout the country. That should help you find an org and a track on a day that suits you looking through all of the clubs to find the right fit.

You could always just come out to NYST with Johnny, the wives and I on July 13/14? I know it's a long ride, but we are a fun group and I still ride beginner. I'm travelling over 4.5 hours there!

Hope you find what you're looking for in the RRW and Motorcycle Technology mag. If you can't find a copy, let me know what tracks you're looking for and I can go through it and list some dates if there are any on weekends.

Hope that helps. Ride safely!

b

What he said! BeaverRun.

Also, If you look up last month's Road Racing World it has a list of every track organization and track day throughout the country. That should help you find an org and a track on a day that suits you looking through all of the clubs to find the right fit.

You could always just come out to NYST with Johnny, the wives and I on July 13/14? I know it's a long ride, but we are a fun group and I still ride beginner. I'm travelling over 4.5 hours there!

Hope you find what you're looking for in the RRW and Motorcycle Technology mag. If you can't find a copy, let me know what tracks you're looking for and I can go through it and list some dates if there are any on weekends.

Hope that helps. Ride safely!

b

That's really cool, thank you! :)

Hopefully, somewhere along the line, I will run (not literally, of course) into some of you.

Look for an old guy with closely cropped grey hair, wobbling on a '12 white FZ1 (or an '11 600RR if my oldest son isn't with me)

I'm going to try a return to Mid Ohio this coming Monday or Tuesday. Then try Putnam the following week, and Nelson Ledges the 27th.

That still leaves August, September, and even October :yes:

All that, of course, hinges on my health, the bike's health, the wife's patience, and lastly but not least: The Weather.

I'm not tough at all, I don't like riding in the rain :D

I'm planning to be at Mid-Ohio on Monday (7/15). It's my first track day, so if we do happen to bump into each other, be gentle.

If you're an old guy wobbling around then I'm an old fat guy wobbling around! :)

I have the RRW mag right next to my bed if there's anything you can't find. I know JOTR has a copy as well.

Ride safely you guys and have a great time. We'll be out at NYST this weekend having a blast as well.

b

I'm planning to be at Mid-Ohio on Monday (7/15). It's my first track day, so if we do happen to bump into each other, be gentle.

Actually that sounds pretty good then :tup:. Look for a green Tahoe pulling a white enclosed trailer.....with all kinds of Motocross stickers (hey, its what we used to do, and the stickers haven't been removed ye t:D )

I'm the thin old guy with crew cut grey hair looking confused :)

I may have the White Buffalo, or I may have the black 600RR. Depends on how my oldest son is doing and whether he'll be with me. Wife will be helping me sort out which way the track is (thin blonde lady looking younger than me)

If you're an old guy wobbling around then I'm an old fat guy wobbling around! :)

Ride safely you guys and have a great time. We'll be out at NYST this weekend having a blast as well.

b

Wobbling isn't so bad, uses more space, that's all :stunta]:

Hope a good safe time is had by all :tup:

there a some days with STT (sportbike track time). They are good.

in MI:
Purchase Track Time for Raceways in Michigan

in IN:
Purchase Track Time for Raceways in Indiana

in IL:
Purchase Track Time for Raceways in Illinois

and in 7 other states

Also, Tracktactics goes to Pittsburgh, but I think no more for this year. They are good too.

Welcome to Tracktactics!

I called Sportbiketracktime and verified there were spots still available at Putnam for 20th and 21st. Didn't save spots because of the funny weather we're having. Going to wait until the first of that week.

May fill up, but if its raining those days.......well, I would be wasting those fees. I just don't find riding in the rain much fun :embarrased:

Back