Track Season / riding season can not come soon enough

Peter1968

I was just reading through some of the post in the this section of the forum and looking at photos from the the last track day of the season for 2011 that I went to with Johhnyontherocks at Thunderbolt Raceway in NJ. We also were able to catch up with Bill, Dave, and his dad from the forum it was a lot of fun!

I am in real need of getting out for a good ride, I would perfer at the track to shake the winter blues and the rust from not riding. Even though the weather has been on the mild side I have not been able to take advantage of it. I am signed up for California Superbike School level 2 on May 20th already now I need to schedule a few track days with TPM before then. I cant wait to get the Daytona out to see what I can do with it. Come one Spring!!!

Here is a picture from last May when I rode with CSS level one, what a great day riding and learning.

May 20th WTF???? We already had our first track weekend. Another this weekend however I am being a Dad.

I'm going on Monday March 19th, TWS, come on down. The weather's great!

I feel your pain brother! I haven't had my leg over a bike since last year! That combined with a super mild Winter, I'm really bummed. I would have probably rode straight through til now. The only saving grace is every month when I open the tuition envelope and it has a "0" balance!! Then I feel a little better. I will definitely be meeting up with you guys several times this coming season without a doubt. Especially now that I have the trailer, which makes getting over to PA a comfortable jaunt for me! See you guys soon!!!

Yeah well I went riding on Sunday and got a freaking ticket, 58 in a 40...I'm hosed. I got a 135 in a 65 last Spring...well ready I got on the brakes hard and it was 88. One more mph and I would have been in the pokie.

My insurance is soooo f'd next year.... ugh...

May 20th WTF???? We already had our first track weekend. Another this weekend however I am being a Dad.

I'm going on Monday March 19th, TWS, come on down. The weather's great!

You know not a bad idea, I may look into that this season, we ordered that travel trailer so a long road trip is very doable now. I will not have until mid April but something to consider going forward. I have been really busy with work that has been the bigest problem with getting any riding in or commitments to track days. Things should let up real soon. I hope :surrender:

Well I've been on the bike most of the winter and I cant tell you how happy about that I'am. I'am still hoping to make the season opener in NC the 17th&18th. Hopefully the higher power above will shine on me tomorrow and I wont have to deal with paint any more. I did a pretty good job scrubbing in my new Q2's using Erics figure 8's in a parking lot, which also entertained those with in eye sight.

Pete I'm still hoping to get a call saying there is a opening for me on the 20th, I have my fingures crossed. Let me know what day or days you are looking at in April.

I feel your pain brother! I haven't had my leg over a bike since last year! That combined with a super mild Winter, I'm really bummed. I would have probably rode straight through til now. The only saving grace is every month when I open the tuition envelope and it has a "0" balance!! Then I feel a little better. I will definitely be meeting up with you guys several times this coming season without a doubt. Especially now that I have the trailer, which makes getting over to PA a comfortable jaunt for me! See you guys soon!!!

Bill I am looking forward to it, it is all to often I find myself heading out solo and it gets old after a while. We will have to plan some good rides and maybe even get a bbq in to end the day.

Yeah well I went riding on Sunday and got a freaking ticket, 58 in a 40...I'm hosed. I got a 135 in a 65 last Spring...well ready I got on the brakes hard and it was 88. One more mph and I would have been in the pokie.

My insurance is soooo f'd next year.... ugh...

That sucks!!!! I was poped for 65 in a 45 last season I went to court and begged to have it reduced to a 14 over the limit, it cost me a few bucks but well worth it.

Any chance you can buy down the points?

Well I've been on the bike most of the winter and I cant tell you how happy about that I'am. I'am still hoping to make the season opener in NC the 17th&18th. Hopefully the higher power above will shine on me tomorrow and I wont have to deal with paint any more. I did a pretty good job scrubbing in my new Q2's using Erics figure 8's in a parking lot, which also entertained those with in eye sight.

Pete I'm still hoping to get a call saying there is a opening for me on the 20th, I have my fingures crossed. Let me know what day or days you are looking at in April.

John, you know I will, I want to get this test or should I say weight off my back Saturday and then hopefully I can focus on finishing my track bike up and getting some riding in. I will look at the schedule in the next couple of weeks and give you a call before scheduling any days.

The only other business trip of the season that I know of now is the last week of March and then I should be good until after summer.

Bill, John, here is an idea if we plan a weekend that I can get Phillies tickets maybe we can ride on Saturday and then take in a Sunday Philles game at 1:00. I have season tickets from work four seats with two parking passes and they are awesome seats third base line few rows off the field between home plate and third base! Not sure if you two are baseball fans or not, its one of my other real passions.

You know not a bad idea, I may look into that this season, we ordered that travel trailer so a long road trip is very doable now. I will not have until mid April but something to consider going forward. I have been really busy with work that has been the bigest problem with getting any riding in or commitments to track days. Things should let up real soon. I hope :surrender:

Come on down! All y'all (at a Texas transplant I just love saying that) come on down. I have two spare bedrooms.

Back