Track Day TWS - Labor Day

College Station

I'm curious to see what the turn out is. Hard to say with the Holiday.

I'm also looking forward to see how the newly reworked R6 does. I've got another 20 hp and a fresh suspension. I'll spend part of the day work with my suspension guy getting the whole bike dialed in.

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk

Had a pretty good day today for the most part. The R6 ran like a banshee with all four firing now; power shifts 2 to 3 to 4 the front end comes. No one was hanging with it on the straights. I was in tooth smaller on the rear sprocket from last time and I was pulling 14,000 rpm!!!! 155 indicated and it is only one tooth one the rear sprocket from stock. The bike has enough power to pull stock gearing now. Time to order another rear sprocket.

The reworked suspension was spot on. I need to slide the forks up 5 more mm to quicken the steering a little more. My form was coming around nicely, its funny how you need to concentrate on form when you haven't ridden in a while.

In session four I develop an oil weep from my right case cover. I tried to repair it but no luck. So a half way through session five I pitted out, and packed it up.

Many thanks to Hail for the entry! I had a great time brother!

:sport12:

Had a pretty good day today for the most part. The R6 ran like a banshee with all four firing now; power shifts 2 to 3 to 4 the front end comes. No one was hanging with it on the straights. I was in tooth smaller on the rear sprocket from last time and I was pulling 14,000 rpm!!!! 155 indicated and it is only one tooth one the rear sprocket from stock. The bike has enough power to pull stock gearing now. Time to order another rear sprocket.

The reworked suspension was spot on. I need to slide the forks up 5 more mm to quicken the steering a little more. My form was coming around nicely, its funny how you need to concentrate on form when you haven't ridden in a while.

In session four I develop an oil weep from my right case cover. I tried to repair it but no luck. So a half way through session five I pitted out, and packed it up.

Many thanks to Hail for the entry! I had a great time brother!

:sport12:

Very welcome! I am glad you had a good HALF day. Any video?

No video today. I knew I'd be busy with the suspension. Roger and I worked on dialing it in. Between that class, and trying to fix the leak I was busy. I wish I did however. I had killer drive onto the back straight passed about 4 people, I was building so much speed I passed another 4 before the end of the straight, it was epic.

Tonight I ordered up new gaskets, bolts and Woodcraft case covers. I suspect the Vortex case covers that came on my bike are part of my leak issue. I've never been a fan of their products.

The Q2s kept working great. This is track day number four on them. I think they have one, maybe two left in them.

Hellgate that was me pitting next to ya with the FZs. Which I could of rode them both more to do some more comparing, but you know the story. Saw another fella on a blue gen 1. Pretty good day, just bummed about my buddies bike, Ill get mine back to looking good.

I've never done a track day before but really want to. Would you say that it would be a bad idea for me to take the FZ out or should I be okay? I don't ride hard or do anything crazy so taking it to a track would make me a bit nervous. Just wondering what your thoughts are

Does this look like a bad idea?

RB8_5862.jpg

I've never done a track day before but really want to. Would you say that it would be a bad idea for me to take the FZ out or should I be okay? I don't ride hard or do anything crazy so taking it to a track would make me a bit nervous. Just wondering what your thoughts are

They progress you in baby steps. It is the perfect place to learn what your bike can do.

Hellgate that was me pitting next to ya with the FZs. Which I could of rode them both more to do some more comparing, but you know the story. Saw another fella on a blue gen 1. Pretty good day, just bummed about my buddies bike, Ill get mine back to looking good.

Barney Fife, I get your handle now, pretty good. I enjoyed meeting you and your buddies. Too bad about the off, stuff happens.

I didn't see the other FZ1 but I did see an FZ6 and an FZ6R.

Did you see the beautiful '74 CB550? He began in level 1 and moved up to 2. I took a couple photos I'll post tonight.

The drive home took forever with the fires. 71 was closed and all traffic was move to 290.

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk

Back