Totaled fz1

Okay hold on. I know Joe for 8 days of my entire life, so he's in no way "my friend", only an aquaintance. I looked at every single post in this thread and he called not one person any names or such. I hold everyone to the same standard, ask anyone here who knows me personally. I don't play favorites for anyone. I just know that Joe is Joe and its senseless to even try and go back and forth with this. All I was asking was that there be no name calling. Thats all.
Billy, "twistedmetal" is a pseudonym for someone else that uses it to start crap. He was on the other forum for awhile trying to start crap with me but others stopped him. So --- pay no attention to him --- I don't.

Joe, I rode the speed trip R again today definitely different than the FZ
BTW this post was created and sent while riding my motor sickle past school childen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The way I see it, this thread started out harmlessly enough about you crashing, looking to part out some parts, and also looking for a sportbike. Simple enough hey?

Then you had to go and "link" the virus from the other site here and things went awry. :spank2: Keep their "crap" on their site in the future to make things easier on our side.

As for Twisted, or any of the others, I don't take what anyone says to heart. Life is too short to waste time with bickering back and forth at each other about things that we can't change.

I totally understand everyone's point of view. I spent 8 days with Joe down at Deal's Gap and actually stayed in the same house. The entire 8 days I rode with him "Zero" times. I gave the group I was with the nod that if they wanted to ride with the other guys it was fine by me but I was going to ride my own rides and see the places I wanted to see. I knew these guys rode 100% harder than I rode and I wasn't into that scene. I was there to enjoy my vacation and to enjoy the scenic beauty of the south and the great roads they have down there.

After day one down there I really didn't care too much for Joe. By the end of the week he wound up growing on me like a fungus! Joe is an "enigma". He is a Caricature of himself, if that is at all possible. But if there is one thing I learned after 8 days of listening to him babble on about every topic known to man is that "Joe is Joe", he is who he is, and no matter what you say you couldn't ever change who he is. The way I see it is that the man is 66 years old. I'm 50. If he hasn't changed his habits by this time, who the hell am I to try and change him now. He definitely walks to the beat of his own drum just as I do, be it right or wrong. As Krispy said, he crashed chasing after Joe. I don't blame Joe for that. I'm glad that the "old man" is okay, I'm sad he trashed his bike......again!, but I know he'll be back on two wheels again, terrorizing the countryside, doing what I would never do on the street, but like I said, thats Joe, and if you spent any time with him you'd understand where I'm coming from.

I never thought for a second Joe would change his habits on my recommendation. I did think newbies and younger guys could use a little reality check and a different perspective, maybe want to take into consideration personal responsibility for the LIVES OF OTHERS before they go out and hit the corners at 110%.
Apologies for the " delusional nut job and Jackass " comments but they did come AFTER Joe insulted my riding ability and suggested I speak with people on " my level "

I never thought for a second Joe would change his habits on my recommendation. I did think newbies and younger guys could use a little reality check and a different perspective, maybe want to take into consideration personal responsibility for the LIVES OF OTHERS before they go out and hit the corners at 110%.
Apologies for the " delusional nut job and Jackass " comments but they did come AFTER Joe insulted my riding ability and suggested I speak with people on " my level "

Actually, I wasn't even speaking about this particular post as I didn't see the "delusional nut job" remark until just now but thanks for the apology. Like I said before to Joe, had he not posted that "link" about what was going on "over there", I'm sure this thread would be about parting his bike out and what he's going to get next, so he kind of shot himself in the foot by posting that here.

If Joe's as fast and skilled as he and others say he is its REAL irresponsible to push past his limits on the street.........YOUR RISKING OTHER PEOPLE LIVES WHEN YOU DO.
I would never give anyone a hard time for crashing, it happens. I will for admitting they are riding at a pace that's on the razors edge ( for them )on the street. A public street is not the place to find your limits.
Your reply made me go look back at the gensis of all of this. Joe tells us he crashed but didn't say he was riding at or near his limits, just fast. Others started talking about limits and taking it to the track.

My comments do not and were not intended to endorse CJ's actions or comments. I stand by telling people your experience(s) and letting them form their opinions. I still haven't read one post on this topic (on either forum) where CJ says do as I do.

That and I'm not about to tell any body what they are supposed to do. I will continue to read about the experiences of others on these forums, form my opinions that I either share or keep to myself, and do what I want to do. Ultimately that's what we all do anyway--ride your own ride.

Okay hold on. I know Joe for 8 days of my entire life, so he's in no way "my friend", only an aquaintance. I looked at every single post in this thread and he called not one person any names or such. I hold everyone to the same standard, ask anyone here who knows me personally. I don't play favorites for anyone. I just know that Joe is Joe and its senseless to even try and go back and forth with this. All I was asking was that there be no name calling. Thats all.

That's this thread. He has in no way been that nice throughout the history of his online career.
I'm not quite sure why you took offense to my statement. I actually said you were the best moderator on this site. Not sure how that got lost in the whole translation but OK.
The reason that I said I thought you guys were friends is if you go back through your posts to him - several of them start out with "Hey Bud (or pal or friend) or something similar.
My only point is that we should all be held to the same standard. There are a few people who cross that line from time to time. I'm just saying that if we enforce a standard - enforce it all the time.

My remarks toward Crazy Joe were very neutral. I basically said let him ride the way he wants to - he is not going to change by telling him he rides dangerously.

What is wrong with that?

Go through CJ's posts and see the way he talks to people. You will see a real difference.

Billy, "twistedmetal" is a pseudonym for someone else that uses it to start crap. He was on the other forum for awhile trying to start crap with me but others stopped him. So --- pay no attention to him --- I don't.

Bold face lie.
Some people took offense to my comments - some invited me on next years ride and encouraged me to fill out my profile and become a more active part of the community. What CJ is not saying is that I was a member of the OA forum for about a year but he claims I just "Made up this profile"????? I don't think a member can manipulate the join dates - I may be wrong but I'm not sure.
I like the way that you can correct people and tell them what you think but if someone stands up to you - they are "Starting crap".
My comments were directed toward other members so if you are going to pull me into this - then at least be accurate with you facts.

You have nothing to apologize for - this is the way that CJ talks to people. He just gets mad when people give it back. There is no reason to insult someone's driving ability (which is a favorite of some people on the boards). If you are better than the average rider - why not help people get better and teach them to be better riders?

That's this thread. He has in no way been that nice throughout the history of his online career.
I'm not quite sure why you took offense to my statement. I actually said you were the best moderator on this site. Not sure how that got lost in the whole translation but OK.
The reason that I said I thought you guys were friends is if you go back through your posts to him - several of them start out with "Hey Bud (or pal or friend) or something similar.
My only point is that we should all be held to the same standard. There are a few people who cross that line from time to time. I'm just saying that if we enforce a standard - enforce it all the time.

Twisted, read your post buddy. I didn't take any offense to you or your post. I even "Thanked" you underneath! I then went on to tell Joe that I had no problem with you. Come on now buddy, read the posts. I don't have a problem with anyone here on the site. I'm here though to try and keep some order and keep the threads moving in the right direction.

I did say however that this is the real world and I don't expect everyone to get along with each other, here or anywhere. To keep things fair to everyone involved though, I'm closing down this thread later on this morning. I'm leaving enough time for everyone to read this first. If Joe wants to redo a thread for parting the bike out he can. As for how you guys feel about each other, I can't fix that nor will I try. That you will have to deal with yourselves. I can't make anyone "like" Joe, more than I can make Joe ride at the speed limit on the streets. :shaking head:

Back