Totaled fz1

He never said that anyone else but him should do what he was doing. He never said "This is the only and correct way to ride on the street." He even said that his words didn't convey their true meaning in written form. I don't see how it is irresponsible to tell people what one individual is doing/did. That's not the same thing as telling them they should do it too. To me it's the same thing as with HS except that he was stating his opinions in a factual manner.

They assume the people that read their forum can not tell the difference or form their own opinions.

LOL, I don't know how many of you guys know Joe out side of the forum. He is a good guy and a very good rider. At the end of the day he will ride at whatever pace he wants on the street as will all of us. So you can keep beating this dead horse on how fast YOU think other people should ride on the street but it really doesn't get you anywhere. Joe I hope you find a new bike soon so we can ride in September.

Reading the 2 quotes ( one is mine ) Joe posted from the other forum is pointless unless you also have all of Joe's posts preceding them that were generally irresponsibly
endorsing a pace at and above your ability on the street and even as ridiculous as controlling a crash ( you have no control once you've crashed )

He finally changed his tune a little at the end of the thread but it really just sounded like back peddling nonsense.
Joe you chose to quote me and bring this over here.
What I am upset about is simple -- you have no ability to decide what I consider pushing my limit is. You don't know anything about me and yet you feel you are capable of critiqueing me because I crashed and openly admitted it.

You wouldn't understand anything about "controlling a crash" because you don't ride fast enough to understand. So --- I have no desire to discuss that with you.

Simply put --- I don't car what you think. You are wrong. You understand nothing about riding fast on or off a track. I say that because the fast guys in these forums have ridden with me for years and many times I don't crash. Sometimes I do.
I ride upper Intermediate on the track and expert on the street. That's a fact. So blow away and talk to someone at your level.
EDIT: I brought this over here --- not to start another fight -- but I have history in that forum and they look for a reason to ban me -- which they have done twice. The guys here don't play that crap and let folks be themselves.

Last edited:
What I am upset about is simple -- you have no ability to decide what I consider pushing my limit is.
I NEVER DID !! YOU STATED YOU PUSH UP TO AND PAST IT ON THE STREET
You don't know anything about me and yet you feel you are capable of critiqueing me because I crashed and openly admitted it
.I NEVER ONCE CRITICIZED THE CRASH MY ISSUE WAS YOUR ENDORSING PUSHING TO THE LIMIT ON THE STREET WITHOUT REGARD FOR THE SAFETY OF OTHERS.
You wouldn't understand anything about "controlling a crash" because you don't ride fast enough to understand. So --- I have no desire to discuss that with you. CRASH......DEFINED AS A LOSS OF CONTROL :)
Simply put --- I don't car what you think. You are wrong. You understand nothing about riding fast on or off a track. WHAT EVER YOU SAY MR ROSSI
I say that because the fast guys in these forums have ridden with me for years and many times I don't crash. Sometimes I do.
I ride upper Intermediate on the track and expert on the street. EXPERT ON THE STREET ......THAT'S FUNNY ! That's a fact. So blow away and talk to someone at your level.
EDIT: I brought this over here --- not to start another fight -- but I have history in that forum and they look for a reason to ban me -- which they have done twice. The guys here don't play that crap and let folks be themselves.

Joe ..........no one controls a crash ........its a crash defined as a loss of control. When you crash you lose control of the bike and have no say it where it ends up after the fact............if you did that wrecker would not have been dragging your bike up that hill for you.
You make A LOT of assumptions Joe. I based all my criticism on your previous posts in those threads. Your correct I don't know you. You say your a good rider and so do others...........but the fastest most skilled guy in the world is still a jackass if he's pushing to the limit on the street.
Anyone with an ounce of common sense and RESPECT FOR THE LIVES OF OTHERS KNOWS THAT !

I'm 42 and have been riding for 28 years. Everything from an RZ350 to a 1502cc 220+ horsepower GSXR. I've done a few track days at Pocono and once at summit point. I'm not a newbie. Your probably much faster than me Joe. I've also gone 12 years without a crash ( hit by car ) and 17 years since I've managed to lose it on my own.

You repeatedly stated you will ride as fast as you want on the street. You repeatedly said you push to and past the limit on the street. That was my criticism not your ability its your lack of respect for others lives and that your setting a horrible example to newbies and younger impressionable riders.

I'd rather be the slowest guy that ever threw a leg over a bike than a delusional nut job that doesn't give a second thought to risking the lives of others.

He never said that anyone else but him should do what he was doing. He never said "This is the only and correct way to ride on the street." He even said that his words didn't convey their true meaning in written form. I don't see how it is irresponsible to tell people what one individual is doing/did. That's not the same thing as telling them they should do it too. To me it's the same thing as with HS except that he was stating his opinions in a factual manner.

They assume the people that read their forum can not tell the difference or form their own opinions.

If Joe's as fast and skilled as he and others say he is its REAL irresponsible to push past his limits on the street.........YOUR RISKING OTHER PEOPLE LIVES WHEN YOU DO.
I would never give anyone a hard time for crashing, it happens. I will for admitting they are riding at a pace that's on the razors edge ( for them )on the street. A public street is not the place to find your limits.

The bottom line for me is this:

If Joe could guarantee 1) that he would never endanger other motorists while driving "at the limits" of his abilities and 2) signed a waiver that he would pay any and all damages to his person and property out of his own pocket, I would be perfectly fine with it. It's his choice to treat his person and property how he wishes so long as that doesn't impact others.

HOWEVER, he A) can't guarantee #1 with any certainty since he's driving on a public street and B) the option for #2 doesn't really exist in america, since medical authorities will keep you alive on the public dime no matter what your healthcare coverage will or will not pay.

Therefore, he's willfully being a detriment to the public. He may be a skilled ride and a nice guy (and you probably are, based on the amount of people who stick up for you!) but broken down logically

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys, I'm all for "voicing your opinions" on this and other subjects, and when it comes to Crazy Joe everyone has different opinions, but I'm not going to allow any of the nonsense thats going on at the other site to find it's way here.

If you want to post your opinions about this subject thats fine. However, if I see any more "alternate" names for Joe, I'll be deleting this thread in a second.

I may not agree with the guy's riding practices on the street but I don't have to call him a "name" to get my point across.

If you want to call him names then by all means, go over to the other site and let it rip but it's not going to happen here. And I'm not taking Joe's side in this thread but I haven't seen him call anyone names. If he does I'll be the first to delete the thread.

I know some of you feel strongly about whats been written here but let's keep it on an even keel. Thanks!

The bottom line for me is this:

If Joe could guarantee 1) that he would never endanger other motorists while driving "at the limits" of his abilities

Do you guarantee that when you get in your car? I don't think so
and 2) signed a waiver that he would pay any and all damages to his person and property out of his own pocket,

Again --- you seem to want to hold me to a higher standard then you do for yourself?

HOWEVER, he A) can't guarantee #1 with any certainty since he's driving on a public street and B) the option for #2 doesn't really exist in america, since medical authorities will keep you alive on the public dime no matter what your healthcare coverage will or will not pay.

Therefore, he's willfully being a detriment to the public.

I'm no more a detriment than fat people, people with any kind of illness or on any kind of public assistance for any reason. l have never drawn unemployment in my life and now that I'm retired that will never happen. I am in perfect health and won't be on any form of Medicaid until I'm 76.

You're barking up the wrong tree. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I may not agree with the guy's riding practices on the street but I don't have to call him a "name" to get my point across.

This is exactly it. I will probably never choose or even be able to ride like Joe does on the street but I'm not him and he's his own man. In the grand scheme of things, the only person he's doing harm to is himself. I doubt he's ever out on busy highways cutting people off at 150, nor is he doing any of that other crap we see on YouTube or in our own cities.

What I can see from the limited view you get on this forum, he's just a guy who likes to ride out in the country and push his personal limits to get a cheap thrill

Who knows but I'm not going to judge someone in a country that prides itself on freedom and liberty. It's the land of the free and home of the brave or whatever, right?

I'm no more a detriment than fat people, people with any kind of illness or on any kind of public assistance for any reason.

I've never seen a fat person traveling over the speed limit cross into oncoming traffic and kill an innocent person...........I have seen a motorcyclist pushing too hard do that. :)

Hey Guys, I'm all for "voicing your opinions" on this and other subjects, and when it comes to Crazy Joe everyone has different opinions, but I'm not going to allow any of the nonsense thats going on at the other site to find it's way here.

If you want to post your opinions about this subject thats fine. However, if I see any more "alternate" names for Joe, I'll be deleting this thread in a second.

If you want to call him names then by all means, go over to the other site and let it rip but it's not going to happen here. And I'm not taking Joe's side in this thread but I haven't seen him call anyone names. If he does I'll be the first to delete the thread.

I know some of you feel strongly about whats been written here but let's keep it on an even keel. Thanks!

YZFRiderNY - You are probably the best moderator on this board. I think you do a good job for the most part but you have to understand the real reason people are speaking to CJ this way - HE SPEAKS DOWN TO OTHERS.
I have no idea why people allow him to do this - but whatever.
The way he rides is his own business. If he crashes and burns - fine. He continually criticizes people and calls them names for minor mistakes in their riding but he goes horizontal more than any member that I have read on the forums. LOL That is his own business (and to some degree the woman who lives with him). It's really not our business. So go be a grease spot. The way you ride is your business.
However it's important to realize that people treat others the way they treat them - so Billy - if you are going to hold us to a standard - then please do the same to your friend. He routinely speaks to people EXACTLY the way he is being spoken to....
For the rest of us - why are you arguing with him? Do you think you will change someone's opinion on an internet forum? Look at how many bikes he has trashed? This is the way he is - he is not changing.

YZFRiderNY - You are probably the best moderator on this board. I think you do a good job for the most part but you have to understand the real reason people are speaking to CJ this way - HE SPEAKS DOWN TO OTHERS.

The warning from Billy goes both ways. Trust me. No one is exempt.

This is exactly it. I will probably never choose or even be able to ride like Joe does on the street but I'm not him and he's his own man. In the grand scheme of things, the only person he's doing harm to is himself. I doubt he's ever out on busy highways cutting people off at 150, nor is he doing any of that other crap we see on YouTube or in our own cities.

What I can see from the limited view you get on this forum, he's just a guy who likes to ride out in the country and push his personal limits to get a cheap thrill

Who knows but I'm not going to judge someone in a country that prides itself on freedom and liberty. It's the land of the free and home of the brave or whatever, right?

I totally understand everyone's point of view. I spent 8 days with Joe down at Deal's Gap and actually stayed in the same house. The entire 8 days I rode with him "Zero" times. I gave the group I was with the nod that if they wanted to ride with the other guys it was fine by me but I was going to ride my own rides and see the places I wanted to see. I knew these guys rode 100% harder than I rode and I wasn't into that scene. I was there to enjoy my vacation and to enjoy the scenic beauty of the south and the great roads they have down there.

After day one down there I really didn't care too much for Joe. By the end of the week he wound up growing on me like a fungus! Joe is an "enigma". He is a Caricature of himself, if that is at all possible. But if there is one thing I learned after 8 days of listening to him babble on about every topic known to man is that "Joe is Joe", he is who he is, and no matter what you say you couldn't ever change who he is. The way I see it is that the man is 66 years old. I'm 50. If he hasn't changed his habits by this time, who the hell am I to try and change him now. He definitely walks to the beat of his own drum just as I do, be it right or wrong. As Krispy said, he crashed chasing after Joe. I don't blame Joe for that. I'm glad that the "old man" is okay, I'm sad he trashed his bike......again!, but I know he'll be back on two wheels again, terrorizing the countryside, doing what I would never do on the street, but like I said, thats Joe, and if you spent any time with him you'd understand where I'm coming from.

The way he rides is his own business. If he crashes and burns - fine. He continually criticizes people and calls them names for minor mistakes in their riding but he goes horizontal more than any member that I have read on the forums. LOL That is his own business (and to some degree the woman who lives with him). It's really not our business. So go be a grease spot. The way you ride is your business.
However it's important to realize that people treat others the way they treat them - so Billy - if you are going to hold us to a standard - then please do the same to your friend. He routinely speaks to people EXACTLY the way he is being spoken to....
For the rest of us - why are you arguing with him? Do you think you will change someone's opinion on an internet forum? Look at how many bikes he has trashed? This is the way he is - he is not changing.

Okay hold on. I know Joe for 8 days of my entire life, so he's in no way "my friend", only an aquaintance. I looked at every single post in this thread and he called not one person any names or such. I hold everyone to the same standard, ask anyone here who knows me personally. I don't play favorites for anyone. I just know that Joe is Joe and its senseless to even try and go back and forth with this. All I was asking was that there be no name calling. Thats all.

I've never seen a fat person traveling over the speed limit cross into oncoming traffic and kill an innocent person...........I have seen a motorcyclist pushing too hard do that. :)
If you have that is extremely rare, even for a squid, to kill a person in a car.

Do you actually believe, considering at least 50% of this country is obese, that none of them have fatal accidents. Com'n, bikers normally kill themselves and occasionally cause property damage.

I just wish that he continues to ride another 10 years at least. I am always in awe of old guys still winging it as I have been humbled by few of them on our weekend rides. But, this crashing gets too old and detrimental eventually.

Back