top speed of FZ1?

markmcc21

Hi all, i touched 170mph with a little bit more left to go on my 06 FZ1 the other day, i know this isnt true speed but just curious what other ppl are getting on their speedos? (has standard gearing)

cheers

I've hit a tad over 150 indicated which is about 138 or so actual, and then common sense set in and I slowed down. A ticket at that speed usually ends up with a suspended license.

I hit 122 indicated once, and at my current age – I quickly realized top-speed is very low on my riding priority list. lol…

i saw 155 indicated on my gen1 (so probs about 140 actual?) before I started to have doubts.

I regularly hit 120 though. Beyond that the acceleration starts to slow and I run out of road on my "speed spot".

08 is WAY FAST.

I did "71mph" once on a downtown freeway on-ramp. It was for, like 200 yards, so I shifted into 4th, 5th and 6th, then rolled her back to 55 mph.

:surrender::surrender::surrender:

Anyone owned the factory touring windshield? Does it work? I hate the buffeting on my face shield on the highway with my stock windshield at 70mph. I am 6' 2."

:teeter:

My GPS registered a triple digit speed in the 135-ish range but I couldn't tell you WHO put that high mark on it, or where, or what they were riding... ;)

Back