Took my fz1 out for the maiden voyage

And it was great! I just bought the bike 2 weeks ago, but we have been having such crappy weather lately and I didn't have insurance on my bike right away. Anyway it was 50 degrees today and I went out for about an hour and a half ride. Fz1 was a great ride(compared to my old r6). Plenty of power and torque. I think my future plans for the bike are to get an aftermarket seat the stock one was a little hard ride. The next thing I need to do i think is do the ais mod. I didn't notice the poping around town to much, but on the high or letting off from 8k rpm, I could really hear it. I was thinking of ordering the black off plates. You guys have any info on this mod? sounds pretty straight forward, I was wondering will i need to remap my pc after the mod? Also should I do the air box mod at the same time? I saw a vid on youtube saying its a good idea to do it?

I'm glad you weather is getting better. I bought a leftover 2013 last Tuesday. So far I've put about 165 miles on it. Of course in SoCal I don't really have to worry about the weather.

Congrats on your maiden voyage! That is the first of many awesome rides for you on your FZ1. I'll be also picking up a sweet 07' in a couple more weeks. It will be my first experience with fuel injection. I can't wait to put up my first ride report!

First time out

Definitely looking into a seat a.s.a.p.! I bought my '08 month ago and have taken four 100+ mile trips, all ended in me walking funny. Enjoy the bike, it is my first road version.

Congrats on your maiden voyage! That is the first of many awesome rides for you on your FZ1. I'll be also picking up a sweet 07' in a couple more weeks. It will be my first experience with fuel injection. I can't wait to put up my first ride report!

thanks guys, ive been out a few more times already and I love this thing. Nothing beats fast and comfortable haha. This was my first fuel injected bike I'm liken it a lot already. I just orders my ais plates yesterday.

I have seen where guys just use a plug and leave the other garbage on there. Any issues just plugging? Other than you are saving weight by removing all the other crap?

Back