Took FZ1 to track day today

hillm250

Took the FZ1 to a track day at SIR today, absurdly fun is the only way to describe it:D . The FZ1 did well especially considering that it isn't a purebred sportbike. One ducati rider even said "that thing is quite fast even though it doesn't look like a fast bike". By the end of the day I was getting it to 140mph on the straight:D. If you get a chance do a track day, Do it!

Very nice! I'm very excited to live next to a track (tulsa). Are your tires sportmax or roadsmart? I have had the best experience with the roadsmarts in the twisties.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Yes it is nice not having to worry about cops or other drivers. However another rider unexpectedly changed his line right in front of me and I almost hit him, that was the only close call for the whole day though.

Tires are Dunlop Sportmax. Once they got warm they hooked up great. Eventually little rubber pieces started to melt on the sides of the tire (shown in picture), however almost everyones tires did this. I need to have a tire guy look at them and determine how much more I can run them, I don't know much about sport tires (I come from motocross backround).

Last edited:
Nice that you got a photo. I think a video cam (like GoPro) would be really cool to take on a track day. I have a helmet cam and plan to put it on when I go to the drags this month.

I agree, I'm going to borrow my brother's gopro for the next track day and try to mount it behind the fairing. Should make for some cool footage

Back