Tires

RI_Grinch

I am looking around for tires to replace on my bike...they still have life on them but I want to start looking now...I'm currently running Michelin Pilot power on front and rear...so far the cheapest I have found them is $237 shipped. Do you all think that is a good price or perhaps do you know where I can find them cheaper. This quote was from bikebandit.com

jakewilson.com

also consider pirelli angels. I liked them the first time I had them on except that pair was really slick. since no one else complained about them being slick and they were all the store had when I needed a new rear, I put one on again and found it's a spectacular tire. This one hasn't been slick at all.

As TheWolfTamer said, Jake Wilson is one of the cheapest. I recommend searching Google Product Search just before you buy to see if there are any cheaper deals. It's a deal search engine and will scan all the retailers and even eBay auctions to find you a deal.

I ran single-compound Pilot Powers (not the 2CT) on my FZ1 and found they were a fantastic tire for the money. They are still being produced by Michelin so you don't have to worry about getting a stale set from 3 years ago. The ones I bought for my FZ1 were only a few months old when I mounted them.

I'd not hestitate to buy another pair of Pilot Powers for street duty. I think I only paid about $190 shipped for a set from BikeBandit during some sale + my AMA discount.

That's a really cool idea...I didn't know google had something like that. I will check that out. I'm not quite ready to buy but I took a look at the tires today and noticed they are getting close to the wear bars. Wish the dealer would have thrown a set on the bike for free when I got it but hey it's used so I guess I cant complain to much.

I know many dont suggest mixing up the tires...but I for one, love the combination of having pilot power in the front and pilot road 2CT or now that PR3 is out...you can try that...best part of this combination is ...(dependents on ur riding style though) the front gives that extra grip I like and also as many might agree Road is awesome even in rain. Best of all, with this combination both the front and rear kinda wear out at the same time...:p

Back