Tire shop Rim damage

Took my wheels in to get new tires over the weekend and the shop chewed up my rim. Any ideas on how to patch this up. My first thought is just to hit it with a paint marker and later on down the road maybe powder coat both wheels.

779881fb82c599ec5eff04f54fafaf62.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A good powder coater can weld some aluminum in there and sand it out where you'll never know it was damaged. I had the same issue with my rims and you could'nt find the spot now if you tried. Make the tire shop pay for the repair as well!

A good powder coater can weld some aluminum in there and sand it out where you'll never know it was damaged. I had the same issue with my rims and you could'nt find the spot now if you tried. Make the tire shop pay for the repair as well!

Thanks! Yeah well the response I got back from the shop was that neither their tools or equipment would have caused this damage. To be honest I made some critical mistakes of my own and learned some valuable lessons along the way. I would never try and pass on damage I might have done myself onto someone else.

Last edited:
One of my own wheels has been butchered by a tyre fitter :(

I just painted it with a black marker but will probably get it fixed properly one day.

Good luck with it mike11339.

Thanks! Yeah well the response I got back from the shop was that neither their tools or equipment would have caused this damage. To be honest I made some critical mistakes of my own and learned some valuable lessons along the way. I would never try and pass on damage I might have done myself onto someone else.

Of course they'd never admit to any wrongdoing. Sucks though.

Back