Tire pressures

Originally posted by VA_Rider
I'm always at 40PSI up front, 40-41 in the rear. but... I'm about 250.... works well for me ...

Hey VA I am about the same weight actually closer to 265# and have been running 36psi front and 42 psi rear as that what it states in manuel even under load with gear and passenger. Of course I never ride with either. Anyway is'nt 40 psi a little high for the front.
Also I am curious as to what you have your suspension settings at ie: preload front and rear and rebound ,compression front and rear. I have an 08' model and just don't know if I have it dialed in right and you seem pretty knowledgeable from what I've read on your posts. Thanks cueist

For front pressure, I just played around with different pressures, until I found one that stuck well, and created the least amount of "cupping" on the edges of the tire... 36 for me just felt mushy... like it didn't want to turn... you'd give the input at the bars... and the response from the tire would be... "ehhh... I'll get around to it."

I don't think you'll like my answer for suspension.....

Fellas of our size... there's only one answer. $$$$$$$. My front forks were resprung and re-valved by Traxxion Dynamics... went with 1.05Kg springs up front... most likely could have gone with a 1.10kg.... and of course, the valving just makes everything move a lot smoother, and soak up the bumps, while remaining rigid enough to provide good cornering, and to deter brake dive.

The rear... Penske 8983 "Double Clicker" ... works like a champ. I can honestly say nothing bad about this rear shock, other than it's $1000. It's ride height adjustable, (just by turning a threaded rod... not changing dog-bones) and the compression damping and rebound damping is top notch. ...

Now... you can max out the preload in the front and the rear... no counting clicks, just turn them puppies all of the way up.... and it still really isn't stiff enough.,.. I was running around with everything maxxed out for a while... then got the new suspension... completely different bike... worth every penny. That's the ONLY way to do it right.... Sorry.

Thanks for the recommendation! Needing a new guage for my others have "walked" off and have become property of my eldest son (who'll be 4 in August). Can you get the Accutire at a local parts store?

Brohay

Back