Tire changing

It's about time to get some new rubber on the FZ and I was wondering about a couple ideas I've seen here in the past. One is the tire changer that Harbor Freight offers. It's definitely cost effective enough if it holds up. I've changed my own tires in the past and it's no big deal as long as you can get the new ones to seal well enough to inflate and that can be an issue. Second is wheel balancing beads. Has anyone tried them? I'm trying to get around the high cost of having my local dealer mount the tires at 50 bucks plus and then give me a hard time because I didn't buy the tires from him at an extraordinary cost$$$$$$. Any input is appreciated.

The Harbor Freight one doesn't hold up well and isn't a no mar system so you could mark up the wheels using it.

Here is the one I am after! :D Cycle Hill Motorcycle Tire Changer - webBikeWorld

I believe that now Harbor Freight has some attachment so as not to mar the rims. At least the videos that I have seen on YouTube. Also, on cheaper items such as these. I usually swap out their hardware for grade 8 instead. It usually makes it alot better.
On YouTube just type in Harbor Freight Tire Changing. If I decide to get one, I'll have to go with the HF model only because of cost. The hardware I can get at work for nothing.

Back