tire changer

I got tired of the time involved to change tires since the nearest shop is about 30-40 minutes away not to mention the cost it ended being about a half day affair then could they get me in ,are they gonna damage my wheel most places want to charge more if you dont buy the tire there so after going to the Timonium MD motorcycle show I finally got to see the NoMar tire changer in action and ended my torment 580 and free shipping for the Classic model with the hitch mount so I can go portable my first change will be the wifes back tire.The bad is it willtake about 3 weeks to get here as they are backed up on orders.

One day I will add something like this (more substantial than what I own!) to the Busted Knuckle Garage. I don't blame you one bit and it will pay for itself quickly. :tup:

One day I will add something like this (more substantial than what I own!) to the Busted Knuckle Garage. I don't blame you one bit and it will pay for itself quickly. :tup:

Yea, I want to replace the tires on the FZ1 and I'm already dreading having to take the wheels to a shop and run the risk of scratches (not to mention getting ripped off). Some places around here don't even want to mount the tires if you didn't buy them from them...

I don't mind paying a fair price for mounting/balancing, but what some shops want is far from fair. I mean $100 to mount two tires If I'm already bringing you the wheels off the bike??? Let's be for real!

I have seen one of these in action.
They are worth the money and will pay for itself over the years. You will also be very popular with your friends who own motorcycles.

Yea, I want to replace the tires on the FZ1 and I'm already dreading having to take the wheels to a shop and run the risk of scratches (not to mention getting ripped off). Some places around here don't even want to mount the tires if you didn't buy them from them...

I don't mind paying a fair price for mounting/balancing, but what some shops want is far from fair. I mean $100 to mount two tires If I'm already bringing you the wheels off the bike??? Let's be for real!

That's what the guy was trying to charge me at first. $100 bucks with NO balancing! Last year I paid $50 bucks for both and it was done quickly. The problem was he couldn't get there to the shop last Saturday. I wound up paying the crook $65 bucks for the pair. I hate having to sit and haggle pricing,

That's what the guy was trying to charge me at first. $100 bucks with NO balancing! Last year I paid $50 bucks for both and it was done quickly. The problem was he couldn't get there to the shop last Saturday. I wound up paying the crook $65 bucks for the pair. I hate having to sit and haggle pricing,

I hear you and if I had the space I would invest in a tire changer...

This No-Mar one is pretty affordable and would pay for itself in time.

If you go to cycle gear they will change any tire you bring them for $20. As a added benefit you can buy tire insurance for around $20 if you buy the tire from them. I usually buy the tire and insurance for the front tire 'cause I feel comfortable riding with a plug in the rear, buy not in the front tire.

I have used the changer for the Ninja and the gixxer my new tires just showed up for the FZ all i have to do is go out in the garage and change them no driving anywhere anymore I love it!!

You should come down to MD to my house and try out the hitch mount.:sport12:

Also, what are you doing for balancing? I want to replace the rears on my Raider and FZ1.

I have used the changer for the Ninja and the gixxer my new tires just showed up for the FZ all i have to do is go out in the garage and change them no driving anywhere anymore I love it!!

If you weren't so far I'd take a ride out to you with my new tires and a case of beer ;)

Back