Time for new chain / sprockets

markowinnipeg

Now that the sled is parked for winter time to focus on bike, last fall I noticed when lubing chain a rubber o-ring on the floor so time for a new chain. I have been running a 15/47 combination but thinking of maybe going to 15 /44 combo as I ride about a 100km per day with 80% being highway.
Just wondering what you are running and were is the best place to order a new chain / sprocket?
Thanks

You're pretty close to the US/Canada border so I would recommend ordering online and having them shipped a package receiver in the US.

I recently ordered a DID chain through Riders Discount and it was easily the lowest price I could find online. Call or email Mike at: [email protected] or 866-931-6644 Ext. 804 and tell him what you're looking for

Alternatively, you could order off Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and More Online Shopping | eBay, Motorcycle Superstore - Motorcycle Accessories and Motorcycle Gear or Motorcycle Parts, Motorcycle Accessories by BikeBandit.com

i have a 17 upfront and a stocker in the back helps a ton at highway but still accelerates quickly and gets going easy. actually happened as a mistake as i got shipped the wrong one but tried it anyway and i like it.

Glad Mike came through for you. I have purchased a few things through him and he's been great.

I would love to see them sponsor this forum. Their pricing is superb

I am slacking and have not ordered but I am going to call Mike at Riders Discount and go with a 16/45.
I luv the 15/47 but as I drive so much highway miles leaning to bringing the rev's down a bit.

I ran a 15/46, and yes was a bit too much for the higway....15/44 was pretty good also.
I now run 16/46 and no complaints....great pick-up and will cruise at 85/90 without the engine whinning the 15/46 gave.

I have a brand new Sunstar 45 tooth if needed for a nominal fee.

But I think you will be happy with the 16/46.

Check with u, did u happened to try using a gen 2 rear spocket on a gen 1 before? My friend offered to give me one 45T rear spocket but i DON'T KNOW if it can fit?

I ran a 15/46, and yes was a bit too much for the higway....15/44 was pretty good also.
I now run 16/46 and no complaints....great pick-up and will cruise at 85/90 without the engine whinning the 15/46 gave.

I have a brand new Sunstar 45 tooth if needed for a nominal fee.

But I think you will be happy with the 16/46.

Check with u, did u happened to try using a gen 2 rear spocket on a gen 1 before? My friend offered to give me one 45T rear spocket but i DON'T KNOW if it can fit?

All FZ1s use the same sprocket so it will fit (as long as it was for the stock 530 chain).

Back