Time for a new battery

So far I like the MOTTOBATT and ADVENTURE POWER batteries. They are both are AGM (absorbed glass mat) batteries.

Found the following at Impact Battery:

MOTTOBATT MBT14B4 has 195 CCA and has 2 year warranty and is $88.95.
ADVENTURE POWER UT14B-4 has 210 CCA and 1 year warranty and is $78.95.

Last edited:
I just ordered a MottoBatt battery that puts out 195 CCA and has 2 year warranty from a local distributor for $32.00 plus tax.

Today has been quite cold and when I left school this afternoon it was around 20F. My battery was very weak and couldn't start my bike so I had to push-start it to get home...

I guess I should start looking into a more robust battery... advice? :)

Today has been quite cold and when I left school this afternoon it was around 20F. My battery was very weak and couldn't start my bike so I had to push-start it to get home...

I guess I should start looking into a more robust battery... advice? :)
See the bottom of the page for Motobatt distributors. I picked up mine from Carolina Energy Distributors. I spoke with Karen Smith and I'm pretty sure she said shipping would be around $15. I'm sure it will be more if shipping to Canada. Karen's phone number is 803-547-3522. See cross reference guide.

Just curious as to what model you bought that cost $32??

I just ordered a MBT14B4 which is the exact replacement for the Yuasa YT14B-4 and I paid $72 plus shipping. The site that was listed here(Impact battery) wanted $89 plus shipping for it! I got it at MotoBatteries

Just curious as to what model you bought that cost $32??

I just ordered a MBT14B4 which is the exact replacement for the Yuasa YT14B-4 and I paid $72 plus shipping. The site that was listed here(Impact battery) wanted $89 plus shipping for it! I got it at MotoBatteries
I picked up my MBT14B4 from Carolina Energy Distributors. After taxes it was $34.56. I spoke with Karen Smith and I'm pretty sure she said shipping would be around $15. Karen's phone number is 803-547-3522. I live close to Carolina Energy Distributors so I stopped by so I didn’t have to pay for shipping. :)

Whatevva ---

so... you ordered a battery from these folks and actually got it with no problems? Looking online, I can't find a single person that's had a good transaction with these folks... in fact, the BBB gives them a "F" rating...

Motobatteries.com Review - MOTORCYCLES SUPPLIES AND PARTS in Jacksonville, FL - BBB Reliability Report - BBB serving Northeast Florida & The Southeast Atlantic

The guy I talked to on the phone was excellent. He said the battery would ship out same day. I'll let you know how it goes.

Whatevva ---

so... you ordered a battery from these folks and actually got it with no problems? Looking online, I can't find a single person that's had a good transaction with these folks... in fact, the BBB gives them a "F" rating...

Motobatteries.com Review - MOTORCYCLES SUPPLIES AND PARTS in Jacksonville, FL - BBB Reliability Report - BBB serving Northeast Florida & The Southeast Atlantic

Battery arrived today...excellent packing...perfect condition

$71.95 + 16.12 shipping $88.07 total .... interestingly, the invoice says SUNN Battery Company Jacksonville, Florida

Not sure what the issues were with these guys, but my transaction went perfectly. :cloud9:

Last edited:
I just purchased a AGM @ Walfart YTX14-BS 200 cca 12 Ah . $64.00 for my 2002 FZ it fits tight if you are ok with a modified battery box.
Funny thing when I opened the box the battery and all the paper work seems to say it's a Yuasa battery . Now I did the calculations and I know I'm a little short on Cold Cranking Amps but I'm willing to see how it works out. I do have AAA as a backup . Time will tell I'm doing a nice long .7 amp trickle charge tonight w/ my Battery Tender.

Update!!!

This new battery is COMPLETELY Dead!!! Installed it today and bike barely clicked so I trickle charged it for 4 hours and then jump started the bike. When i revved the bike I'd lose all instumentation, so I measured voltage and when revved it would drop to <10 volts. Shut bike off and battery reads 0.2 volts!!! Installed old weak Yuasa battery and voltage is fine. 12.4 and 13.4 when revved. They're closed on weekends so i'll follow up with this on Monday...UGH!!!!!:doh2:

This new battery is COMPLETELY Dead!!! Installed it today and bike barely clicked so I trickle charged it for 4 hours and then jump started the bike. When i revved the bike I'd lose all instumentation, so I measured voltage and when revved it would drop to <10 volts. Shut bike off and battery reads 0.2 volts!!! Installed old weak Yuasa battery and voltage is fine. 12.4 and 13.4 when revved. They're closed on weekends so i'll follow up with this on Monday...UGH!!!!!:doh2:

There is a distinct possibility that you may have gotten a bad battery. It's been known to happen. Just curious as to whether or not you had to install the acid or is it a gel battery? Too bad as the weather is supposed to be nice this weekend. :(

If you use something like an Oxford Maximiser 360T charger, Advanced Battery Maintenance System your battery will last heaps longer than a normal life. I use it if Im not riding for more than a couple of weeks. My 07 Fazer at 11,000kms now that I brought brand new 2 years ago has the factory battery stiill ok. How many years do all you guys & gals get out of your gen 2 stock battery? Its a sunny day today, early autumn here in Kiwi Land, did 140kms ride yesterday and going for good burn soon- work tomorrow. Got to get good riding in before winter hits soon.

Back