Thunderhill Monday Oct 15th

Learned about Pacific Track Time from a post by jboat (thanks J). I signed up for this Monday. I have ridden that fun road course with my FZ6 a couple years ago but have been wanting to ride my 1 up there so now's the time.

Yoohoo, can't wait. Perhaps jboat will be there with his nicely modded FZ and I can post some pics of 2 FZ's terrorizing Thunderhill :innocent:

Thats great. We have had a big increase of people from the site going to the track this year over last. Thats a pretty cool trend and show just what you can do with a FZ.

I will also be throwing my FZ around on the 15th at NJMP hope fully the last for it but its done well for me and have had a lot of fun on the track with it.

Hope to see some great pictures or video of the track layout.

Have a Great time.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is Monday the 10th (not 15th) and Yes I'm in...Woo Hoo...

See you there. And I'm bringing a GoPro HD camera...

See you tomorrow. I got a new set of Dunlop Q2's to try out. I read that they perform quite well at the track so I figured I'd give them a shot. I don't plan on running A pace so I think these will do just fine...

The GoPro HD's all charged up and I have a 32gb memory card. If you move up to B group I'll take some vids of you out there...

Now I need to get out in the garage and prep the bike. I think I'll take the mirrors off and put the clear stock windscreen back on...

Back from Santa Barbara. Loading bike now, Q2's AND no mirrors? I'll never keep up with you. I'm sure by afternoon we'll get some video. Man it's going to be a great day!

Oh well Jboat, bad luck and all that. Nothing better to do on a rainy day than to post some forks to Australia :th_smiley_rotfl2[1] . Being postponed means you will ride harder and faster when it does happen,

I did get some pics as promised. I was up at 4:30 and out the door at 5 to make the two hour drive across the valley and at the track gate by 7 am opening. Had a couple sprinkles until 5 miles from the track, at this point it started raining -damn it!
Fortunatly the track has a couple of areas with overhead protection -usually to shade from the brutal sun but today it was our refuge from the moisture.

With high hopes both Jason and I unloaded our bikes. Here's Jason behind my FZ1 wishing the rain away.

IMG_1154.jpg

Most guys didn't even bother.

IMG_1155.jpg

A few bikes got a bath

IMG_1156.jpg

No podiums today but hopefully it will be dry on our Halloween make up day.

IMG_1161.jpg

Oh well Jboat, bad luck and all that. Nothing better to do on a rainy day than to post some forks to Australia :th_smiley_rotfl2[1] . Being postponed means you will ride harder and faster when it does happen,

I stopped on the way home to watch UFC136 (pre-recorded) at my buddy's house. I just got home. It's still raining here in Tracy, CA...

I'll ship them out tomorrow first thing...

Tomorrow's the make up day. Can't wait!

The weather is going to be perfect. High 70's and mostly sunny...

See you tomorrow...

Back