Throttle tube modification

bigbaddave43

I always felt that the stock throttle was a little sensitive off of idle for touring. I did a little research and found cam style throttle tube replacements for $60 or more. Being handy in the shop and cheap, I decided to make my own. Here is a comparison picture of stock and a modded tubes. It really works well and gives you greater control at small openings.

Dave

So you basically shaved a little of the cam so now it takes more initial travel to open the throttle? I never had an issue with the throttle on my '06, but maybe the Gen I bikes are different. Anyway it's a good mod if it works for you ;)

So you basically shaved a little of the cam so now it takes more initial travel to open the throttle? I never had an issue with the throttle on my '06, but maybe the Gen I bikes are different. Anyway it's a good mod if it works for you ;)

This idea has been used for years on dirt bikes. Throttle Tamer sells these for the FJR. The gen 1 has a 1/5th turn throttle, which is pretty sensitive. I have no experience with the gen 2, which doesn't interest me at this time.

Dave

I always felt that the stock throttle was a little sensitive off of idle for touring. I did a little research and found cam style throttle tube replacements for $60 or more. Being handy in the shop and cheap, I decided to make my own. Here is a comparison picture of stock and a modded tubes. It really works well and gives you greater control at small openings.

Dave

Another great idea, I know this post is old but the information in it is very useful for new members like myself, I'll be doing it very soon.
Thanks

Back