Throttle slack

I've got a question i'm sure someone will know the answer to. I picked up my FZ1 this past saturday and I noticed that the throttle has some play in it before it opens up the carbs. Maybe an 1/8th to a 1/4 inch of play in the throttle cable. Now I don't like messing with anything to do with the throttle out of fear that it sticks open when I don't want it to. So, is it normal to have a little slack or can I adjust it closer. If so, where do I make the adjustment is it near the slide on the carbs or is it an adjustment up on the bars?

Thanks in advance!

hi mate, youll find that there will always be a tiny bit of slack on all accelerator cables. its there to give you a bit more control of the throttle. id leave it as is

there are several spots to adjust the throttle... up by the grip, and down on the carbs.... I like to start taking out slack down at the carbs, and do fine tuning up top at the adjusters by the grip.....

There's no need to have slack in the throttle cables.. removing slack will help you keep more consistent control over your throttle inputs.

I noticed the same thing when I got my bike, I looked a adjusting it a the carbs but ended up adjusting it at the throttle it says in the service manual 3-5mm slack, After adjusting it the feel is better. Cheers

Back