Throttle cable

ref: fz1n 2009
Hi
I have had my bike for approx 2 months, and in that time i have had to tighten the throttle cable 3 times to reduce play on the throttle grip.
Is this normal, may be the cable streches a bit whilst new, obviously there will be a little to how much i can tighten!!

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
TBH I wouldn't say that it was normal. I'd get your dealership to check it out. I can't say for sure that mine hasn't been adjusted in the past two months as it's constantly been having things done to it and they may well have taken up slack. Modern cables are generally of high quality materials and it's not like they're under extreme loads.

I've never touched mine and as far as I'm concerned it's just fine. Maybe you like the feel of a really tight throttle (very little to no slack) but if it's truely geting more and more slack there may be a tightening nut loose at the injector end of the cables.

I've never touched mine and as far as I'm concerned it's just fine. Maybe you like the feel of a really tight throttle (very little to no slack) but if it's truely geting more and more slack there may be a tightening nut loose at the injector end of the cables.

You might be right, is it easy to get to, and yes i do like a tight trottle, because i get a much smoother clutchless gear change.

Back