This was my morning. How about you?

Alarm sounds and I leap to my feet and silence it before anyone else wakes. I stroll to the window and a quick glance rewards me with clear skies and a dry road. I know Professor Fizz is already awake and ready to roll. There are advantages to being born of metal alloy, rubber, and plastic, where all your fluids are warmed to operational in a split second. “Give me a couple, pal,” I think to myself and hop in the shower.

My wife has the coffee made when I come downstairs and it goes in a thermos as does a breakfast bar. A kiss and I’m off with my speedy friend. It’s chillier than I calculated from my bedroom command post but the Gerbing vest and gloves, powered by the Fizz are up to the task. The professor’s clock tells me I’m behind schedule by 2 or 3 minutes so once I’m off the driveway I roll hard on the throttle and now I’m wondering if he changed the clock with this in mind; he always seems to be a step ahead of me.

Back roads change to country roads and they in turn change to secondary channels and all the while the Professor and I are doing the speed limit…plus 10…or so. All these give way to route 495 where the speed limit is whatever you think you can get away with. Today it’s 3 digits, for me and the cars. In short order we’re no longer behind by 2 minutes. We’re no longer behind anything for that matter and 14 miles on the super highway puts me at my exit to route 93, another super highway.

I glance over the rail and see, ugh, a major backup. The cars behind me get out before the exit ramp to seek open road and I decide to join them. I fiddle with the navigation system which informs me that fiddling with the navigation system while riding the Professor on the highway has been determined to be hazardous to my health. I believe it. So I exit at the next ramp and pull into the ubiquitous Mickey D’s where I enter my work address. I’m just 2 miles down the road from work it tells me, assuming I really still want to go to work. I don’t but it’s part time work and amazingly I like it, so yes, I guess I will go the 2 miles and then stop.

Dave, the guard shouts “Hi doc. A little chilly out this morning on the bike, eh?” “Good morning Dave, yea, cold today,” I lie and turn down the thermostat on the Gerbing. I park the Professor and I know he will wait patiently for the ride home, which we will get to…eventually.

Alarm sounds and I leap to my feet and silence it before anyone else wakes. I stroll to the window and a quick glance rewards me with clear skies and a dry road. I know Professor Fizz is already awake and ready to roll. There are advantages to being born of metal alloy, rubber, and plastic, where all your fluids are warmed to operational in a split second. “Give me a couple, pal,” I think to myself and hop in the shower.

My wife has the coffee made when I come downstairs and it goes in a thermos as does a breakfast bar. A kiss and I’m off with my speedy friend. It’s chillier than I calculated from my bedroom command post but the Gerbing vest and gloves, powered by the Fizz are up to the task. The professor’s clock tells me I’m behind schedule by 2 or 3 minutes so once I’m off the driveway I roll hard on the throttle and now I’m wondering if he changed the clock with this in mind; he always seems to be a step ahead of me.

Back roads change to country roads and they in turn change to secondary channels and all the while the Professor and I are doing the speed limit…plus 10…or so. All these give way to route 495 where the speed limit is whatever you think you can get away with. Today it’s 3 digits, for me and the cars. In short order we’re no longer behind by 2 minutes. We’re no longer behind anything for that matter and 14 miles on the super highway puts me at my exit to route 93, another super highway.

I glance over the rail and see, ugh, a major backup. The cars behind me get out before the exit ramp to seek open road and I decide to join them. I fiddle with the navigation system which informs me that fiddling with the navigation system while riding the Professor on the highway has been determined to be hazardous to my health. I believe it. So I exit at the next ramp and pull into the ubiquitous Mickey D’s where I enter my work address. I’m just 2 miles down the road from work it tells me, assuming I really still want to go to work. I don’t but it’s part time work and amazingly I like it, so yes, I guess I will go the 2 miles and then stop.

Dave, the guard shouts “Hi doc. A little chilly out this morning on the bike, eh?” “Good morning Dave, yea, cold today,” I lie and turn down the thermostat on the Gerbing. I park the Professor and I know he will wait patiently for the ride home, which we will get to…eventually.

have you written books in the past? I'm sure i've read some of your handy work. LOL. Thanks for sharing

Linguistic HD

Just another example that proves the adage; "It's the journey not the destination."

The literary version of a GoPro HD. Well done. :)

Oh yeh,
Mine was just like that. I go up at about 4:45, let the dog out, got a cup of mud (already brewed by the pre-set on the pot), sat on the P.C. for about an hour. When my wife got up I caught hell for not waking her at 6:45 then I went up to my bathroon shaved and showered. Looked at the temp. and it was too cold (about 45) to go out so I sat at the computer some more waiting for it to warm up so I could take the last 75 mile ride to get my first 500 miles on the Speedmaster so I could do it's first oil change. Will call my buddy who just got a Harley trike and see if he wants to join me. When you're retired, mornings aren't so busy.

I know it's not in books but Norm, you should SERIOUSLY consider a book... from the perspective of the Prof and what the bike's thinking along with your own thoughts.

Absolutely a joy to read once again! Thank you!!

I think he is spot on. Just got back from a short ride and read your post, made the smile on my face a little bit bigger. BTW if you ever consider writing a book, let me know, I'll buy it.

If I could thank you twice I would have done it. But even my moderator status won't let me. So I'll do it manually: The following member says "Thank You" ...

Norm

Norm

I truly enjoyed reading your post Norm.
I also commute every day on the bike and its allways graet to go out of work and come home after a quick ride.

Back