This is disturbing.

speeddemon2588

So I just came across this on autoblog, and I am utterly horrified. First at the complete disregard for the law in the first 10 seconds but the events that follow. These group of morons are the reason motorcyclists are generally despised. All of them should be arrested. Either way it shows how vulnerable we all really are when tempers flare on the road. Stay safe people and remember how fast an angry action can spiral out of control.

Shocking video of Range Rover crashing through bikers after they surround the vehicle during annual street ride | Mail Online

Black Range Rover Runs Over Bikers in NYC (Original) HD - YouTube

Gang bikers have been the bane of the industry since the first bike rolled on to the street. These squid hoons are relatively new, but just as irresponsible. This is one reason I don't like to see encouragement of stunting, hanging off on public roads, overly loud bikes, and generally being a jerk on the road. You want to play around, go to the track or a vacant lot.

I'd be doing the same thing if I was the SUV driver. No one wants to get caught out by a bunch of angry men out on the highway. A dangerous situation.

Last edited:
I can take an ass beating, but if you are going to endanger my wife and/or kid, all bets are off.

agreed. I don't think bikers where going after his wife or a child.
I hope man under RR didn't have a wife and a child . What a zoo. NY finest at there best.

I watched the video but I haven't quite decided how I feel about the whole situation. I do feel that this kind of mass group ride of thugs is bullshit full stop. Evitzee has it nailed, they are a stain on society.

It must be pretty scary to be caught in the middle of something like that with your wife and kids on board but I'm not sure if that was a wise choice of action.

America is such a funny place. I'm surprised nobody pulled out their guns and started firing rounds off while eating cheeseburgers

Good video... Both sides are wrong in my opinion. Not sure how some of you guys would say that you would do the same. He could have easily killed one of the other rider that was just out for a fun group ride.

I watched the video but I haven't quite decided how I feel about the whole situation. I do feel that this kind of mass group ride of thugs is bullshit full stop. Evitzee has it nailed, they are a stain on society.

It must be pretty scary to be caught in the middle of something like that with your wife and kids on board but I'm not sure if that was a wise choice of action.

America is such a funny place. I'm surprised nobody pulled out their guns and started firing rounds off while eating cheeseburgers

HEY! HEY! We're not the fattest country anymore! We're #2! Mexico is #1!

That only happens in the media's interpretation of our 2nd Amendment rights to keep and bear arms. Mainstream people are responsible with their weapons. The bumper sticker is true, "When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns".

Not sure how some of you guys would say that you would do the same. He could have easily killed one of the other rider that was just out for a fun group ride.

Eh, no, these rides are not 'fun group rides' that you are thinking about; these rides block traffic, break the law in multiple ways, disregard other motorists rights and are just obnoxious. That's their game plan going in, so they are not a fun group ride to share their passion for 2 wheel riding, they do it to gain attention.

Last edited:
Eh, no, these rides are not 'fun group rides' that you are thinking about; these rides block traffic, break the law in multiple ways, disregard other motorists rights and are just obnoxious. That's their game plan going in, so they are not a fun group ride to share their passion for 2 wheel riding, they do it to gain attention.

+1

Cretins

There are some very interesting conversations going on over at Jalopnik. I am an active comenter there:

Watch NYC Bikers Attack A Range Rover After Driver Runs Over Riders

Here is my first comment over there which has sparked a number of replies:

Something is missing from the video feed. From where we see the video feed starting it looks to me like a motorcycle cuts off the Range Rover and Brake checks him. Did the guy on the motorcycle do this on purpose, or was he reacting to something the Range Rover did before that we did not see on video? I am pretty sure we are missing a big part of this story. I am very curious to know why that Biker Brake Checked the SUV.

WTF somebody was angry about something, and a group surrounded the car and slowed it to a stop for some reason. Don't know who was driving, or why that happened but taking that action was an 'attack' and the driver could have been scared for their life (lives) depending on how many were in the car. Then the morons chased it down and did the same thing again! This time the driver had nowhere to go and was attacked again with a helmet. For whatever it was, blocking a car with a bike is pretty damned stupid no matter what's going on. The two guys that got knocked over/run over were just morons for the position they put themselves in. If that were me, I would have stayed on the freeway, called police, drawn my 45 and emptied a few clips at the closest riders.

agreed. I don't think bikers where going after his wife or a child.
I hope man under RR didn't have a wife and a child . What a zoo. NY finest at there best.

No one but the driver of the Land Rover was reported with injuries despite the claim a rider was run over.

An NYPD spokesman told MailOnline the Lien was taken to hospital and treated for lacerations to his face and body.
He said there were no other injuries reported from the incident.

In the last seconds one of the guys broke the back window where a child was sitting. A big group of angry people is dangerous, a big group of bikers who think you tried to kill one of their own is lethal. It's hard to say why the cops weren't involved right away, except that they were likely never called until the windows on the Rover were blown out in traffic.

There are some very interesting conversations going on over at Jalopnik. I am an active comenter there:

Watch NYC Bikers Attack A Range Rover After Driver Runs Over Riders

Here is my first comment over there which has sparked a number of replies:

Something is missing from the video feed. From where we see the video feed starting it looks to me like a motorcycle cuts off the Range Rover and Brake checks him. Did the guy on the motorcycle do this on purpose, or was he reacting to something the Range Rover did before that we did not see on video? I am pretty sure we are missing a big part of this story. I am very curious to know why that Biker Brake Checked the SUV.

The first couple seconds show a the rover in it's own lane without much attention. I agree that we might be missing a piece of the story, but if you brake check a 4000 lb vehicle in traffic on a motorcycle you're an idiot. To me they were just riding like asses. The group was riding erratically and taking up the whole motorway. If the auto traffic was annoyed they had a right to be. In the end the bikers picked a fight that ended badly for all. Shit happens in traffic; deal with it and move on.

Last edited:
Back